FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Random fact that I feel like posting, it looks like Mohammad Khan, Hedger's Team's current youth #3, looks like he will be only the 6th player to pass 1000 youth runs, with currently 994 runs to his name and still a few games to score the 6 runs. The other 5 players that have surpassed 1000 youth club runs are:

1. Mahboob Farhat (1660 runs @ 57.24)
2. Basil Sleiman (1543 runs @ 49.77)
3. Kalhana Priyanka (1454 runs @ 46.9)
4. Bahuvata Chetan (1068 runs @ 46.43)
5. Gavin Hele (1028 runs @ 54.11)

Khan has scored 283 runs @ 40.43 currently this season.

I only have one youth player to pass 1000 runs. The gap between 1st and 2nd though is quite large:

1. Clem Powell (1518 runs @ 79.89)
2. Matt Allen (751 runs @ 46.94)

I'm amazed at his consistency if anything:

21 innings, 4 centuries, 11 fifties. So he failed to score at least 50 on 6 occasions. No ducks so far either.

My highest youth scoring guys are Yusuf Ahmad (868) and Durlabha Prasai (867).

1. Michael Sutherland (2045 runs @ 51.12)***
2. Virendera Sehwag (1811 runs @ 69.65)
3. Barkha Piyush (1584 runs @ 52.80)*
4. Aharbandhava Yogesh (1481 runs @ 67.32)
5. Gautam Gambhir (1314 runs @ 37.54)**
6. Todd Logan (1173 runs @61.74)

* Piyush will miss some youth games due to his International schedule.
** Gambhir improved his batting after playing in senior games.
*** Sutherland played well in Youth but not in Senior.

Lindeman is about to pass 1000 runs at 104, while Mangan has 1204. He also has 635 T20 runs at an average of 105.8

[T20] Iridium XI 29/0 (Lindsay 19*, Fudadin 10*) beat high riders 28 (Kenobi 4-12, Kapugedera 1-0) by 10 wickets

That didn't last long. Bowled them out for 28, chased it down in 2 overs. Too easy.

I won my match by 222 runs. Pretty easily, even though I was playing a number of youth players and second XI members

Playing 1 youth player and 3 reserve players in today's T20. Resting the big guns for the next OD match against division leader

The O'Leary bowling experiment didn't quite work. 2 overs for 40 runs as we lost by 43 runs. They made 239/4 before we made 196/7 in reply, Pettinger with 64* off 34 and Murch making 64 off 34 as well. Had I decided to play a full strength lineup, I would have likely won but it doesn't matter too much.

I'm bored, so I decided to waste my time but at least I won't have to worry about it getting deleted. But while I have membership features available, I can do this well.

Hedger's Team

Background Info:

Hedger's Team was founded back in Season 6 by Brendon Hedger, based somewhere in Australia. But the stay in Australia didn't last long despite topping all formats apart from youth and moved over to Bangladesh. Mid-table finishes in T20 and Youth meant we stayed in Division 4 but topping the One Day format, we moved up to division 4 in SOD after we started in Div 5. T20 and Youth again brought mid-table finishes while again we topped the One Day league to move up to Division 3. Since then, mid-table finishes have been a certainty, with no promotions or relegations since, the highest position 2nd in T20 back in Season 10. Now they have started to focus on youth by selling most of the senior players and now have some very good talents in their youth ranks, with a likely Australian International sometime next season even though he will be 18 at the time and a Netherlands' 17 yo batsman who will be a certainty for the U19 side as well as a star Canadian batsman who will definately make the U19 side and a star UAE all-rounder who should make the UAE U19 side.

Club Information:

Team Name: Hedger's Team
Manager: Brendon Hedger
Ground: Hedger's Team CG
Capacity: 10,000
Senior Academy: Meagre
Youth Academy: Good
Supporters: 1332 (Content)
Senior One Day Division: 3.4
T20 Division: 4.2
Youth Division: 4.6
Senior Captain: Murray Oldroyd
Senior Vice Captain: Aidan O'Leary
Youth Captain: Michael Young
Youth Vice Captain: Ruben Mol

Current Senior Players:

Aidan O'Leary - 24 yo Irish NAT batsman, by far Hedger's Team's best current player

Andrew Whiteman - 20 yo spin bowler, currently the best spinner in the side who had topped the youth wicket charts with 62 career wickets.

Archibald MacLean - 20 yo batsman, pretty average batsman with no real future at the club

Charles Savage - 20 yo batsman, much the same as MacLean

Daniyal Mohammad - 20 yo batsman, current #3 batsman although has been very inconsistent. A very solid youth career for the club though with a batting average of 77.

Ernest Kentwell - 24 yo seam bowler, solid bowler but lacks power or the endurance needed for higher divisions.

Graham Phillips - 31 yo seam bowler, none can look beyond Phillips for a quality seam bowler. Nobody can be compared to him, at least for now as he has topped the wickets chart in OD cricket by a country mile, 142 wickets @ 16.49 for the club, 32 more than the next best Tindall. His career should be meeting his end soon but will look to play the remainder of his days out at the club.

James Pettinger - 24 yo batsman, PT keeper, our backup keeper but has been a solid bat this season with 259 runs @ 28.78 in OD cricket and 363 runs @ 90.75 in T20 cricket.

Joseph Murch - 20 yo batsman, a solid opening batsman who started to form as a real prospect once he turned 19 with only one prior youth appearance. He then played every youth match while he was 19 and scored 706 runs @ 58.83 in 14 matches opening the batting. Although he hasn't been in great form in OD cricket this season now in the senior team, with only 189 runs @ 23.62 in OD cricket but has been a pretty solid T20 player with 382 runs @ 54.57. He has a good future ahead of him even though he may find himself out of the playing XI in the seasons to come.

Kasee Baldry - 20 yo seam bowler, he had no real purpose even though he had been in the youth team for a couple of seasons. He had actually started out as an opening bat despite his atrocious batting even though he had a solid debut with 40 odd and made 70 later that season but last season was the season he flourished as a bowler, taking 22 wickets @ 23.14 last season as a pace bowler with some pace. His fastest delivery he has known to bowl was 146 kph but as he works on his power, he could well be bowling 150 kph by the time he's 26.

Murray Oldroyd - 24 yo keeper/captain, well always been a very good keeper, and has proved himself to be a handy bat on occassions and now after the loss of both Fred Tindall and Stephen Byrne, the captaincy was thrown upon him. He has had a lot of inexperience to work with but hasn't done a bad job. His career batting stats are nothing special with averages just under 20 in both senior formats but his keeping has been very good with 94 catches and 26 stumpings in 72 OD matches and 97 catches and 13 stumpings in 65 T20 matches.

Norval Watkin - 24 yo seam bowler, very good quick bowler, the senior bowler in our inexperienced attack.

Robert Mouris - 20 yo batsman, reserve batsman signed to make up numbers

Current Youth Players:

Agasti Reshma - 19 yo Indian LM bowler

Aladdin Yousif - 17 yo UAE all-rounder, likely future U19 International

Andrew Moxly - 19 yo South African all-rounder, the key player this season

Askol Sukhjinder - 16 yo Indian RWS bowler

Barry Healy - 17 yo Irish seam bowler, possible but unlikely future U19 nat

Bhalandana Prasanta - 17 yo Indian seam bowler

Ciaran Fitzgerald - 16 yo Irish bowling all-rounder

Fergus Bell - 16 yo Scottish batsman

Frank Bollinger - 17 yo Australian LFM bowler, future U19 Nat

Huib de Groot - 17 yo Netherlands batsman

Lars van der Hoevin - 16 yo Netherlands keeper

Marc Van der Kooi - 17 yo Netherlands batsman

Michael Young - 17o Scottish batsman/captain, the current skipper of the youth side and still will play a big part at only 17 years of age.

Mo Bol - 17 yo Netherlands RFS bowler

Mohammad Khan - 19 yo Pakistani batsman

Rogier Van Heeswijk - 18 yo Netherlands RM bowler

Ruben Mol - 17 yo Netherlands batsman, future U19 International

Victor Omara - 16 yo Canadian batsman, future U19 International

Yusuf Salah - 18 yo UAE batsman

Hall Of Fame:

Stephen Byrne - Inducted: 19th November 2010 - Clubs: The Mighty Midgets, Hedger's Team, Last Mans Tucker

Fred Tindall - Inducted: 4th February 2011 - Clubs: Chewie CC, Hedger's Team, Weldborough Hotel XI

Notable former players:

Stephen Byrne - 3760 Senior OD runs for the club is a very great effort.

Fred Tindall - Stunning captain, 110 senior OD wickets @ 23.11 as a FS bowler. 88 wickets in T20 cricket as well was very good.

James Fiebig - Great all-rounder, 85 wickets @ 26.41 with his wrist spinning bowling and 2155 runs at an average a little over 30 is very good.

Bob Kwistel - One of only 3 players to surpass 100 club OD wickets, and a bowling average under 20 is brilliant

Farrukh Naeem - 96 OD wickets but his average was so impressing, at only 15.86 despite not taking a single 5wi for the club in OD cricket.

Zafar Ali - Reasonable bat, with about 1400 runs @ an average of just over 40 but was the star in our last season.

Malcolm Elgin - 2244 runs @ 47.74 in OD cricket for the club was a great effort and he will always be remembered by the name of Malcolm Elgin even though he changed his name to Buju Banton as soon as he left the club.

Jake Miller - Well another player with over 2000 runs and an average of 64 puts him up as one of the best.

Jack Lane - Not much game time with the club but sure made full use of it when he got it with 1404 runs @ 93.6 in only 24 senior OD games.

LeBron James - Despite only having a short stint at the club, he will always be remembered as a great bowler. 22 wickets @ 21.86 in 15 games might not seem great but he definately was. His T20 bowling record was great with an ER under 6 an over and 21 wickets @ 15.24 in 14 matches.

Biggest Transfers:

Victor Omara - Bought - $750,000
Frank Bollinger - Bought - $631,025
Aladdin Yousif - Bought - $525,000
LeBron James - Bought - $500,000
Norval Watkin - Bought - $400,000
Malcolm Elgin - Sold - $363,802

Highest OD Run Scorers:

1. Stephen Byrne - 3760 runs
2. Aidan O'Leary - 2335 runs
3. Jake Miller - 2251 runs
4. Malcolm Elgin - 2244 runs
5. James Fiebig - 2155 runs

Highest T20 Run Scorers:

1. Stephen Byrne - 2947 runs
2. Aidan O'Leary - 1859 runs
3. Zafar Ali - 1473 runs
4. Ernest Clay - 1086 runs
5. Thomas Taafe - 1005 runs

Highest Youth Run Scorers:

1. Mahboob Farhat - 1660 runs
2. Basil Sleiman - 1543 runs
3. Kalhana Priyanka - 1454 runs
4. Bahuvata Chetan - 1068 runs
5. Gavin Hele - 1028 runs

Highest OD Wicket Takers:

1. Graham Phillips - 142 wickets
2. Fred Tindall - 110 wickets
3. Bob Kwistel - 107 wickets
4. Farrukh Naeem - 96 wickets
5. James Fiebig - 85 wickets

Highest T20 Wicket Takers:

1. William Muddle - 90 wickets
2. Fred Tindall - 88 wickets
3. Bob Kwistel - 72 wickets
4. James Fiebig - 62 wickets
5. Farrukh Naeem - 59 wickets

Highest Youth Wicket Takers:

1. Andrew Whiteman - 62 wickets
2. Aravinda Habeebulaah - 59 wickets
3. David Gamble - 50 wickets
4. Ariyapala Baddewithana - 47 wickets
5. Mason Reed - 41 wickets

I'm reporting that post for being way too long. Naw, a real good summary of your squad. Some impressive stats in there as well.

You could've made this in Wikipedia. Saurashtra's page is still up. Not sure when it will be deleted.

And I'll just quietly delete the report :p

Well his page will go down after 7 days after it was reported.

----------

What Chewie said :p

You guys are so determined to bring his page down. sound like a conspiracy :p

We're not, we didn't do anything. We just noted that the Wikipedia moderators will find it and delete it

Users who are viewing this thread