FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

A proper match this time? :p I think I'm playing Zorax because of Wanderers competition but I dunno

But Chewie is booked already. So who'll i play if i cancel with Agrid

Saurashtra's bowlers really suck. They've let me score more than 300 runs. That's almost unheard of.

Saurashtra's bowlers really suck. They've let me score more than 300 runs. That's almost unheard of.

Don't worry Iridium, your team will find a way to lose this one too :p

Right so erm whats happening then?? Am I canceling my sunday match for a youth friendly???

Played a nearly full-strength lineup in today's SOD match. Played three spinners instead of my usual one because of the dry pitch and windy conditions. Despite these conditions, my batsmen managed to rack up 508/3, which is a new SOD record :p

de Zeeuw scored 228 off 136 balls, setting the record for the number of fours while doing so. Interestingly, during this innings, his 'accumulator' talent didn't go off at all. O'Keeffe provided good support at the end with an unbeaten century, and my finisher didn't even get to bat. Despite the pitch and conditions though, the opposition spinner went for the most runs off his overs.

We should win this by a huge margin :D

:eek: Damn you, I was really happy for a moment then :p

Don't mean to sound like a kill-joy but do you reckon matches against bot teams still count?

----------

(In my match I bowled them out for 20, and I didn't even get to use the spinners I stacked my side with lol)

Don't mean to sound like a kill-joy but do you reckon matches against bot teams still count?

No I don't think they should but I still love seeing extremely high scores and ridiculous results :p. I'm not bothered if you don't count my record.

I still have a slight chance of winning this game. 146/6 after 29.2 overs, they are chasing 172 for victory. Whiteman has now taken 3/48 off 9.2 overs and hopefully can take one more. We need to get Pitigala out though soon, he is on 55.

----------

Oh look :p The next ball

29.3 W Whiteman to Pitigala : That's very full from Whiteman, it's just about waist height and Pitigala has absolutely creamed that down to deep extra cover where he picks out Yousif. The umpires are checking with each other here, there seems to be some confusion, and it seems it is NOT a no ball. Pitigala is on his way, and he is fuming with that decision.
S. Pitigala c A. Yousif b. A. Whiteman 55 (67b 4x4 1x6) SR:82.09

----------

haha, we're in a good position now with 2 new batsman at the crease.

End of over 30 (4 runs) - Fitzy's Crusaders(149-7). 23 runs required from 20 overs. RR 4.97 RRR 1.15
P. Alexander 3 (2b) , S. Thomson 1 (2b) , A. Whiteman 10-1-51-4

After 29 overs, they were:

End of over 29 (3 runs) - Fitzy's Crusaders(145-5). 27 runs required from 21 overs. RR 5.00 RRR 1.29
S. Pitigala 55 (66b) , K. Ross 6 (10b) , A. Yousif 5-0-29-1

----------

Come on Watkin. A maiden isn't good enough. 6-1-28-1 so far for Watkin and he needs to take 2 wickets in this spell for us to have a chance.

And lol, we are playing the first placed team. What an embarrasment for them, this will be.

Yea it's lots of fun racking up huge totals :D

I think I'll include your match since it'll be hard to go back through the records and find others who are against bot teams, and some of the season records will have included bot teams which will skew the records somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread