FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

My youth keeper has taken 6 catches in this match. Must be close to a record :)

----------

Maybe I should start a PlanetCricket FTP Records thread? I'll get onto it after work.

Where do you work that you get so much time to surf the web? :p

[Youth] Iridium XI 345 for 2 (Broadfoot 145*, Powell 134) beat Christchurch Crusaders 115 (Paramalingam 22, Trethewey 6-31) by 230 runs

Big win here, should give my NRR a boost. Batted first and racked up a big score with Broadfoot and Powell scoring big centuries. Promoted Broadfoot to no. 3 and it paid off, scoring 145* off 86 balls. Powell scored his 5th Youth century and continues on his frankly brilliant form.

Bowling them out was never in doubt. It was just who could take the most wickets and Trethewey came away with the prize taking 6/31, his second 5-wicket haul.

Still unbeaten thus far in my youth league. Second place Indian Cricket Club have 2 losses (both inflicted by me) so I'd have to lose 2 matches to risk getting bumped down but with relatively easy opposition left to play, should be all good.

Where do you work that you get so much time to surf the web? :p

I do volunteer work :p But that was during my lunch break

I won with the loss of only three wickets :) The innings was steadied by Wijma opening with 80 off 86 balls. Wright, Ring and van Huffesteijn all bowled well.

Well our finishing bowlers nearly cost us the match with some poor death bowling, 73 runs coming off the last 5 overs as they needed 77 runs. They nneded 54 runs off the last 3 overs and scored 17 and 19 runs respectively off the 38th and 39th over and they scored 8 runs off the first 3 balls of the last over but Moxly then only conceded 5 runs from the last 3 balls as we won by 4 runs. Our match rating was almost 5,000 better than theirs though.

Scorecard:

Mol 22 (26)
Mjinke 60 (46)
Khan 30 (27)
Omara 55 (55)
Young 13 (16)
Moxly 23 (21)
van der Hoevin 7 (8)
Bol 26 (15)
Bollinger 23 (15)
Healy 23* (9)
Reshma 3* (4)

Total: 294/9 - Our tail wagged and again our scorecard was dominated by run outs with 3 of them from our top 6 batsman.

Bowling:

Bollinger 1/48 (8)
Healy 1/62 (8)
Bol 1/58 (8)
Reshma 1/41 (8)
Moxly 1/71 (8)

Playing against Chewie today... Batsman did their job. Stacked up 198/5 in 20 overs on a crumbling pitch. It should be a tough chase for chewie unless bowlers screw up something.

----------

Yuppie.. :p Perfect start
0.4 W Waddell to Ameen : And Waddell has bamboozled Ameen with that. Ameen had no idea where it was and the off stump is knocked back. Lovely bowling from Waddell.
N. Ameen b. C. Waddell 0 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

0.3 . Waddell to Ameen : A peach of a delivery. Beautiful seam position. The ball hits the deck and jags away, squaring the batsman up. Waddell looks to the heavens.
0.2 . Waddell to Ameen : Well left by Ameen. Dot ball.
0.1 . Waddell to Ameen : A mix up in the middle nearly causes a run-out, but Clarke just scrambles back to the bowler's end in time. No runs, no wickets. Good value entertainment for a dot ball, though.

----------

Chewie XI 3/14 in 4 overs
sHa_shakeshout.gif

oh lol forgot to set my lineup :p

1 youth player, 6 second team players, my best bowler as captain and wicket keeper...

lol... Thats why your bowler was opening the batting :p

Yes that as well :p I'm quite surprised I only gave away 8 byes. And lol my tail batting rating is higher than my middle order one

Getting thrashed by Saurashtra. Forgot to set my lineup as well so went to default which is close enough to my strongest team but still getting thrashed. Like I care....

Chewie! Wanna play a SOD match this Sunday??? Our teams are really close

----------

Damn... Agrid accepted my challenge now i have to get wasted against him on Sunday :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread