FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Yeah, he just doesn't have any great skills with only ordinary bowling and tech and secondaries are pretty ████.

They were exactly the same last season when I wasn't really into FTP.
Son of a gun just doesn't learn.

And how do you tell if someone's about to pop?

Anyone up for a friendly this week?? I wanna test my new player:p

I got a T20 friendly against the nexus, some guy who was in one of my leagues. It'll be good to get the season off to a winning start.

It won't be that one-sided, I'm down one batsman so I'm playing a youth.

Well I've got a new batsman now so my match rating should be pretty good :D

Was bored so decided to look through past seasons and see what teams came before mine:

Cockerton (Season 1)
The-Hawks (Season 1-2)
!Essendon Bombers! (Season 2-3)
Sandhurst Park Rangers (Season 3-4)
Kevin08'sXI (Season 4-10)
Sharath (Season 10)
Iridium XI (Season 10-present)

Kevin08'sXI lasted almost 6 seasons. I'll beat that for sure.

I'm just killing time until I head to the game tonight :p

You can't really do that, you just have to wait until you've played a match with it

From the Pavilion • View topic - Player's Wage - Too High - Do Not like

Quite an interesting thread about how to make a team financially viable.

What is interesting to note is that Ashario only has one player with a primary above spec. His players are so good because of their high secondaries and their very high experience.

It could be quite interesting to build up quite a bit of money over a few seasons, upgrading your senior academy and then just buy a whole heap of younger players, try getting their experience up and only training primaries until spec/spec.

From the Pavilion • View topic - Player's Wage - Too High - Do Not like

Quite an interesting thread about how to make a team financially viable.

What is interesting to note is that Ashario only has one player with a primary above spec. His players are so good because of their high secondaries and their very high experience.

It could be quite interesting to build up quite a bit of money over a few seasons, upgrading your senior academy and then just buy a whole heap of younger players, try getting their experience up and only training primaries until spec/spec.

I think the roadmap for me will be to try and raise my academy over the next few seasons to superior, whilst staying in division 3 for T20 and SOD. Once I'm at that stage I'll start buying 20yos with accomplished/accomplished and average experience for around 100k or less and try give them a lot of experience, while playing with my senior guys who will be closing in on 30 by then.

In the meantime I will neglect my youths, probably demote to division 4 and just try and stay there with whatever crap I'm pulling. This should save me a bit of money because I'm not buying players so that I can field a half-decent side, and I can let the academy drop slightly. Once I'm getting a decent senior side, i.e. in division 2 hopefully, I'll start reinvesting into youths.

Maybe Hedger and I should get something going where I sell him my old guys for heaps of money and then buy his youths for heaps of money :spy

Users who are viewing this thread