FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Maybe Hedger and I should get something going where I sell him my old guys for heaps of money and then buy his youths for heaps of money

Opposite way round :p

----------

Anyway, this is the reason why I think the game is so good. It is about the management, unlike Battrick. In FTP, it's a struggle for most teams to make a profit each week and keeps the best players in the best leagues while for example in Battrick, I'm making a profit of 200k-1M each week and don't have to do anything with a relatively strong team. There are so many ways you can go about your business in FTP (not going to go into them all :p)

I think the roadmap for me will be to try and raise my academy over the next few seasons to superior, whilst staying in division 3 for T20 and SOD. Once I'm at that stage I'll start buying 20yos with accomplished/accomplished and average experience for around 100k or less and try give them a lot of experience, while playing with my senior guys who will be closing in on 30 by then.

In the meantime I will neglect my youths, probably demote to division 4 and just try and stay there with whatever crap I'm pulling. This should save me a bit of money because I'm not buying players so that I can field a half-decent side, and I can let the academy drop slightly. Once I'm getting a decent senior side, i.e. in division 2 hopefully, I'll start reinvesting into youths.

Maybe Hedger and I should get something going where I sell him my old guys for heaps of money and then buy his youths for heaps of money :spy

That sounds fun. Be keen to see how you go about doing that. I'm just going to keep playing with what I have now until I either get demoted or my players start declining.

Is it over 30 that players start declining or does it just happen before that?

That's good. A lot of my players will be 28 next season so I may flick them off and start to rebuild my team with the money I get.

Opposite way round :p

As in buy your players as they leave your youth academy, and sell you my old guys who will perform really well on a reasonably low wage for your senior squad.

----------

That's good. A lot of my players will be 28 next season so I may flick them off and start to rebuild my team with the money I get.

Yea, players who are 28 still sell for a decent amount of money

As in buy your players as they leave your youth academy, and sell you my old guys who will perform really well on a reasonably low wage for your senior squad.

Why would they be on a reasonably low wage though? If they're old, then they would be highest.

I think I'll be fine though. I'll be rebuilding my senior team likely soon and want this season's 18 and 19 year olds to be a big part of that.

Because they'll be plopping :p

It's not actually that big a jump in academy payments to get to superior academies

[T20 Friendly] Iridium XI 145 for 5 (Skepple 61*, Pearce 2-23) beat the nexus 106 for 9 (Hussey 27, van Dalen 4-23, Kapugedera 2-20) by 39 runs
Scorecard

Good win to start off the season. Played a second XI and almost ended up with a lower match rating than my opponent, 145k to his 143k. But we won it comfortably in the end. Skepple was the only one to get to grips with the pitch as he scored a 47-ball 61 while van Dalen continues his long running T20 dominance with 4/23.

Yup :D

Second highest on CricketWeb as well now. I'm pretty confident for this season

Meh I thought our senior & youth academy status relied on the 'average' money invested over the last few weeks rather than what you invested on that particular week! Just one week I fail to invest on my youth brigades and out pops the status of my youth academy as 'inadequate'! :(

Btw, I Iridiumed in my YOD friendly yesterday. Lost to a guy named 'Callum' who had a match rating of 62k compared to my 67k.

Last edited:
Great first official match this season, Racked up 217/2 with my debutante Noel hitting an awesome 108 off 56. They needed 18 off there last over but could only get 15. Was panicking the whole last over lol.

Cock. Was in bed all day yesterday with the flu and forgot to set a lineup for my T20 match and ended up losing :( Oh well, gives me a challenge I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread