FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

I asked this on the FTP forums; was wondering what your opinions were

Currently I am in division 3 for youth. Thanks to a number of 19 year olds this year, my match rating is the second highest in the division so I have a decent chance or promoting. What I would like opinions on is whether it would be a good idea to buy a couple more 18/19 year olds who are better than the younger players currently in my team so that I get the top rating and could promote. If I bought a few capable/capable or so players to boost my side, I would probably have the top youth side in my division and most likely promote to division 2. The problem with this is that next season I will have no good players at all, and my match rating would drop from around 90k to 60k. I would lose every game in division 2 and demote back down. Is the extra sponsorship from the higher division for one season (despite probably losing every game) worth it?

Similar questions have probably been asked before, especially in relation to senior teams buying older players, but the difference here being that next season I won't be able to use these players at all.

Well I would suggest buying some younger players (17/18 year olds) that can replace your 19 year olds next season and then give them experience in games you'll easily win so that they are ready for next season.

And I've pretty much won my match now. 162/2, just losing my second wicket with Bleeker getting out for 86 off 112 balls, while Young is 62* off 67 and I need 15 runs from 9 overs to win.

Did an Iridium in my youth match as I lost by 3 runs >.>

I'm actually the second highest rated in my youth division surprisingly. Would be amusing if I promoted to division 2 for youth lol

I'm new lol, how can you tell?

Won my Youth match today by 21 runs. It's lucky my batsman have been doing really well my bowlers haven't been very effective so far in any team this season.

Well I would suggest buying some younger players (17/18 year olds) that can replace your 19 year olds next season and then give them experience in games you'll easily win so that they are ready for next season.

And I've pretty much won my match now. 162/2, just losing my second wicket with Bleeker getting out for 86 off 112 balls, while Young is 62* off 67 and I need 15 runs from 9 overs to win.

That doesn't really answer the question :p Should I buy old guys to try and promote or not is the question :p

I'm new lol, how can you tell?

Won my Youth match today by 21 runs. It's lucky my batsman have been doing really well my bowlers haven't been very effective so far in any team this season.

You just look at all their matches and check out their match ratings that way

Depends, if you can promote already, then I would buy younger players but if it's not good enough to promote, the decision is up to you. You may as well stay in Div 3 for the time being if you won't be able to stay in Div 2 next season.

I won't be able to promote if I don't buy the new 19 year olds. But is a season in a higher division worth it? I'd be losing in division 3 as well

Survived a real scare out there in my YOD match. Managed 236 on a dry wicket with Wambugu and Pomersbach constituting the bulk of those runs, though both missed out on a half century after a solid stand for the 3rd wicket. Bowling was surprisingly pathetic from Pomers who conceded 0/52 off his allotted 8 overs, but credits to our spinners - never really managed any wickets between them but kept things incredibly tight especially given my opposition needed to score only 128 off the last 20 overs with 9 wickets in hand. Reduced them to 87 required off the last 10 with 7 wickets and crushed them during overs 31-35 leaving them with 64 required off the last 5 with only 4 wickets in hand.

Well, another dominating win by 10 wickets, a perfect start to the season.
Hafeez picked up two wickets, Theeuwissen impressed too, and then again Hafeez made 89 * and Brady 77* to set up a 10 wicket victory.

My OD opponent rated 190k in his last OD friendly. Hopefully I can pull off an upset win.

Frank Bollinger just called up for the Aussie U19 squad and is one of 12 currently in the squad so he should be a main feature in their bowling attack. So that makes it Omara and Bollinger in the NAT squads and Yousif and Mol should make the NAT side once we and UAE decide to redo the squads, getting rid of the 20 year olds.

And vote TUnit in the elections ;)

Users who are viewing this thread