FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Im making money hand over fist now!! Although cant buy a win in SOD now like but who cares??? Its all about the cash right??

[T20] Iridium XI 194 for 4 (Lindsay 72, Skepple 55) beat Iroq Typhoons 17 (Chiyangwa 7*, van Zandt 4-6, van Dalen 3-1, Kenobi 2-4) by 175 runs

Forogt to set my lineup so it defaulted to one I set ages ago. But it was still enough to do the job. Batting was good, with runs coming at a nice rate to take us to 194/4.

Then the bowlers came and ripped the heart out of Iroq Typhoons. van Zandt started things off like this:

0.1 nb van Zandt to Harvey : Well, well, that delivery was wasted on Harvey. Pitched on off-stump, jagged away off the seam and Harvey got nowhere near it.
0.1 W van Zandt to Harvey : Caught behind! That one is dug in short outside off, but doesn't climb as much as expected. Harvey not only shapes to duck but also takes his eyes off the ball. Huge mistake. The ball clips the glove en route through to Campbell.
A. Harvey c Q. Campbell b. C. van Zandt 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

0.2 . van Zandt to Evans : "All the gear, no idea" muses Campbell, as Evans wafts at a wide delivery.
0.3 W van Zandt to Evans : Bowled through the gate as Evans attempts a forward defensive. That's a brilliant ball from van Zandt as the timber goes flying.
J. Evans b. C. van Zandt 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
0.4 W van Zandt to Cameron : Wide, but he's dragged it on! He was looking to flay that away through the covers, but a lack of footwork has caused his downfall and the off stump is disturbed.
L. Cameron b. C. van Zandt 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
0.5 W van Zandt to Allen : In the zone outside the off stump, from a length and Allen seems to be in trance and just pokes at it. Fatal edge. He slams his bat into his pads as he walks off, furious with himself. He's really marching back to the pavilion now.
N. Allen c Q. Campbell b. C. van Zandt 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

A hattrick for van Zandt!

After that the rest of the bowlers helped themselves to the remaining wickets. This makes it 10 from 10 in T20s this season.

Well Joseph Murch scored his 5th career T20 century today as he smashed 110 off 56 balls while Young scored 77 off 35 and O'Leary and van der Hoeven finished things off with 26 off 12 and 26* off 11 respectively, as we made 266/5.

Watkin then ripped through them with 4/9 from 3 overs, while Lansing took 1/28 on debut and Whiteman and Yousif taking 2 wickets a piece, as we bowled them out for 86.

I played my youth side + Darren Cawse (cos he's awesome and has study so he'll recover by my senior game). Scored 267 first up, with Pearson the captain scoring 143 from 64, ably supported by Lindeman snr with 60 from 24. All the bowlers took wickets, with Cawse being the obvious standout.

Also, I made $32266 from that match, which is almost as much as I made the previous week in total :p Should be able to nearly sell out my SOD match so I should actually make a profit this week :o

Arnold and Stanford were the standout batsmen for me today, with both getting half centuries as we made 240. They got off to a good start with their batting, with an opening partnership worth nearly 100. However then Ring came on for his second spell and Buijs for his first, with the pair of them ripping through their lineup. The spinners then came back on for a spell, but when Buijs came back for his last spell he took another two wickets to finish the match and end with figures of 7-2-24-7 which are pretty amazing. We won by 71 runs.

[YOD] Iridium XI 282 for 6 (Powell 148, Allen 63, Mulder 4-69) beat Hillegom CC 270 for 8 (McElhinney 128, Kelton 3-61, Buttsworth 2-57) by 12 runs

Batting was great, bowling wasn't. Best partnership was between Powell and Allen, with a 130-run stand for the third wicket to lead us to 282/6.

Bowling was a little bit of a worry. We picked up wickets at regular intervals which stifled their progress but we let McElhinney run wild as he racked up a century. 83 runs came from the last 10 overs which is unacceptable. They came close but the target was too much. They came awfully close though.

Young scored 152 off 113 while Omara scored his second Youth century with 100. Bollinger then took 4/30, while Healy took 2/11.

Bought this 17yo for 6k today and he's working miracles for me already . :D

Liverpool Lightnings >> Graeme Steele >> Details
Player Info
17 years old | 19,293 rating | $757 wage
Right hand batsman | Right arm Fast medium
Talents Swing
Nationality Australia
Form average
Fatigue revived
Experience poor
Captaincy accomplished
Skills Summary
Batsman ordinary
Bowler dreadful
Keeper poor
Allrounder poor
Notes
Skills
Batting average Endurance dreadful
Bowling dreadful Technique ordinary
Keeping ordinary Power dreadful
Fielding ordinary

End of over 27 (14 runs) - Liverpool Lightnings(236-3) RR 8.74
G. Steele 139 (92b) , C. McCann 15 (16b) , R. Gilbert 6-0-54-0

Yeah, well played :clap Lol, I completely forgot we had a match today. Been so swamped with revision for finals.

Just looked at the scorecard :facepalm WTF? I hate that you have to manually change your starting XI for each match. My best batsman, my best bowler and my consistent opener all missed out for some of my shoddy players :facepalm

Just save a default lineup so it doesnt matter if you forget

Users who are viewing this thread