Story FTP: Michael Young, a 16 year old star's Journey

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
11th October 2010

It's been a while since I've been writing. Not much has really happened. I haven't played in any senior matches since last time but I've played both youth games. The first one since then, I scored 13* although Murch made an unbelievable 96*, Mol supporting with 68 as we won by 8 wickets with just over 13 over's remaining, chasing down their total of 185/7, Baldry taking 3/37. Mol made his One Day debut 2 days later but he scored a duck unfortunately. He came back with 42 in his next T20 match but the team had just lost, their total of 160 not enough. Our last youth game, we dominated chasing down their total of 108 in 16 overs. Habeebulaah took his first 5 wicket haul with 5/32, as he now has 52 Youth wickets to go with his 9 T20 wickets in 5 matches. I didn't bat though in that game, Mol scoring 60* off 58 and Mohammad scored 46* while Murch finally failed only scoring 3. I had my training session today and seemed to see an improvement in my batting. I felt better.

My stats:

2_13.jpg

Ruben Mol's stats:

1_10.jpg

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hedger, is this story actually based on your real FTP team?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well isn't it obvious :p

You just have to check my team and notice I have Michael Young, Ruben Mol, Joseph Murch, Aravinda Habeebulaah and the other players I have mentioned in this story.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hahaha.... By the way... A story on the exploits of my dreadful batsman would be nice.... He's doing exceptionally well , isnt he. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Go on. Start a story about him, or your team and just show his unbelievable batting skills that he learnt down at #11 where he should be batting :sarcasm

Dutchmen

Club Captain
you have pretty good players that's why your team is performing excellent in the youth games. Ruben Mol had played One day, any can't Young do so because the average he got in the youth game is remarkable.

e's doing exceptionally well, isn't he.

don't he?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
13th October 2010

We had our 7th youth game today. I won the toss and elected to bat first. Mol was dismissed for a golden duck though before Murch was run out for 10. Mohammad and I fought back though before he got out for 36. Khan came out firing though and I was dismissed for 42 off 72 deliveries while Khan was 72* off 43 balls, the team at 165/4 from 31 overs. Khan finished with 88 off 53 balls before being dismissed as we finished 232/8, Savage with 36* off 29. We needed early wickets but none came in the first 24 overs. Baldry finally took a wicket and they started to collapse but it was all too late as the first wicket fell at 172/1, then at 187/3. They ended up getting the runs with 6 wickets in hand and 4.4 overs remaining as we dropped down into 4th.

Note: Mol is better than Young in skill rating although Young is playing better and Mol needs more experience.

rosewt02

2nd XI Cricketer
Really like the way this is set out, should be interesting to see who ends up better :)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
24th October 2010

Sunday and my day off since I'm not playing in today's friendly. Time to write after watching Habeebullaah's international U19 debut yesterday but I better start from the start. I didn't play in Tuesday's T20 match but Mol did and I was pretty happy that he only scored 2. Maybe I would replace him for the next match. We played mirpur11 on Wednesday in a must win youth game. After winning the toss, I elected to bat first on a green pitch. Both our openers got starts, Mol scoring 18 and Murch 21 as we were 2/47 after 9.1 overs. Myself and Mohammad put on a great partnership as I reached my fifty as Mohammad was looking for a hundred. I wasn't very happy though when he ran me out, and I gave him the stare before heading back to the pavilion after scoring 62 from 75 deliveries. Mohammad and Khan put on some quick runs, a 99* partnership in 47 balls. Mohammad finished with his deserved unbeaten century although maybe not so much deserved after running me out but Khan's unbeaten 43 from only 21 balls gave us a very good total of 273/3 from our 40 overs.

2 early wickets from our fast bowler, Kasee Baldry improved our chances, before Dravid was run out and Whiteman struck with the wicket of Abdullah for 15 and it was 4/67. Dhoni (39), Hossain (51) and Razzak (32*) gave them some chance but they didn't go on to convert their good starts and didn't score fast enough as they finished 201/7, as we won by 72 runs. Baldry was the pick of the bowlers with 3/22 (8) while Reshma, Murubi and Whiteman took a wicket each and Habeebullaah kept it tight with 0/28 from 8.

Yesterday was a big moment in Aravinda Habeebullaah's career as he made his U19 national debut for Sri Lanka. Myself, Ruben Mol, Andrew Whiteman and Joseph Murch went with him to watch him play in Sri Lanka. He was batting at 11 but he was a bowler so that wouldn't have minded him. Pakistan batted first on a flat pitch. Habeebullaah was brought on as second change in the 12th over with Pakistan at 78/1. He unfortunately got hit a bit with 0/33 in his first 5 over spell. He was brought back on after 30 overs but was smashed first over back in the attack. His second and third over were a lot better though and he was unlucky not to get a wicket when the keeper missed a stumping. He finished with 0/64 from 10 overs. Pakistan U19 managed to score 331/5, Sri Lanka U19 scoring 301/6 in reply, 30 runs short of their target.

My stats:

1_9.png

Ruben Mol's stats:

2_13.png

Dutchmen

Club Captain
The average looks like ████ compared to Young's in the youth game, but the strike rate didn't stay within the lines. And the both you n' Mol really put your team in a ample manner.

Users who are viewing this thread