Game Screens

Excellent work LM. The only thing that you can do to make it ****ing amazing is to improve the crowd.

Lets comment on those screens.

The top down fielder view is not great and I advise a EA or Codemasters esque view. And the graphics are superb and the best ever!

judgin by the screen, i presume the bowler stops immediately after his delivery. to make the game more ...ahem...EVEN more realistic, you could make the follow through longer

Will_NA said:
judgin by the screen, i presume the bowler stops immediately after his delivery. to make the game more ...ahem...EVEN more realistic, you could make the follow through longer

at the moment he stops after the delivery because there's nothing for him to do at the moment, but once i do fielder AI he will walk pretty much immediately back to the wickets to prepare for any throw back etc. so it should look more fluid once that's done. Also, this screen was of a spin bowler bowling, despite the fielders being far back (i haven't adjusted the default possies for spin vs pace keeper and slips positions yet - simple change tho) so the follow thru falls shorter than a pace bowler.

yeah, the pink grip looks cool ;) it was really easy to adjust, which proved the easy-editing functionality which i was really happy about. Took <2 minutes.

Field radar is a toughy...on one hand the EA one is pretty cool, but it's more about functionality than appearance. My one may not look as good, but i think it's great to know exactly where the fielders are in relation to the field, which is what you get with mine. I found that in EA, it's not exactly how things are in reality, so you think you can hit it into a gap, but viola! a fielder is actually more square than you thought (for example)...anyway, if everyone is unhappy i'll consider changing it...let me know some opinions.

must admit i didnt like the radar at all at first... however each time i see it the better it looks and i like it alot now :) good work

duded64 said:
must admit i didnt like the radar at all at first... however each time i see it the better it looks and i like it alot now :) good work

cool, thanks mate ;) yeah, it is different from any other games' radar and does take some getting used to, but i find it quite useful while playing. I think once i chuck a border around it it will look better too.

the other thing that is kinda cool imho is that the radar will actually reflect whichever stadium is being played in, so if you are playing in Adelaide the radar will be an overhead view of Adelaide Oval with the fielders in their proper positions. If you're playing in Mumbai then it will be an overhead view of Mumbai etc. I think this allows people to get a little bit more of a feel for which stadium they are playing in too, which sometimes gets lost in the heat of the game. In EA for example, i sometimes feel all grounds seem the same, they just blend into each other...i dont 'feel' like i'm in Sydney or Adelaide...

Punk Sk8r! said:
What call em LM's :p

LOL...LM's for you ;)

here's some pix with high level shadows and shading...you'd need a more powerful card to get this kinda stuff running at 60fps though...this is still 1024x768x32 (also excuse lower jpg screen grab quality for size concerns - original quality is much better)

note the different 'Pietersen' wide angled stance. There are three different stances to choose from that can be assigned to batsmen.

Attachments

• TAOC 2007-02-10 11-13-13-25.jpg
    TAOC 2007-02-10 11-13-13-25.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 178
  • TAOC 2007-02-10 11-14-59-09.jpg
    TAOC 2007-02-10 11-14-59-09.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 171
  • TAOC 2007-02-10 11-15-07-28.jpg
    TAOC 2007-02-10 11-15-07-28.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 168
  • TAOC 2007-02-10 11-15-51-76.jpg
    TAOC 2007-02-10 11-15-51-76.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 162
  • TAOC 2007-02-10 11-16-41-51.jpg
    TAOC 2007-02-10 11-16-41-51.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 162
  • TAOC 2007-02-10 11-18-13-00.jpg
    TAOC 2007-02-10 11-18-13-00.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 164
Drewska said:
Excuse me we just won the first final our batsman aren't that bad! :p

lol, you try hitting it while running at 20fps and taking screens at the same time ;) LMAO

good win by England too...great for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread