Game Screens

Couple of new screens while waiting for next good update

sorry no real huge progress recently...heres a few screens to tie over...

here is a link for the full set in best quality...

http://www.mediafire.com/?030xuqml0gl

Attachments

• TAOCtest 2007-07-11 21-53-02-51.jpg
    TAOCtest 2007-07-11 21-53-02-51.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 151
  • TAOCtest 2007-07-11 21-53-30-59.jpg
    TAOCtest 2007-07-11 21-53-30-59.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 127
  • TAOCtest 2007-07-11 22-24-56-01.jpg
    TAOCtest 2007-07-11 22-24-56-01.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
a few more...

Attachments

• TAOCtest 2007-07-11 22-43-36-68.jpg
    TAOCtest 2007-07-11 22-43-36-68.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 129
  • TAOCtest 2007-07-11 22-43-51-87.jpg
    TAOCtest 2007-07-11 22-43-51-87.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 116
  • TAOCtest 2007-07-11 22-57-38-37.jpg
    TAOCtest 2007-07-11 22-57-38-37.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 116
Im quite excited over this game now, but i think that new zealander needs to go get his fingers checked out, they looks awefully wrong :p But thats a minor worry :p Every professional game havent got the fingers correct so for you boys its not a worry im sure :)

Im quite excited over this game now, but i think that new zealander needs to go get his fingers checked out, they looks awefully wrong :p But thats a minor worry :p Every professional game havent got the fingers correct so for you boys its not a worry im sure :)

^^^I have to agree with Simon there. The finger does look a little.......fickle but that's an unimportant worry. However, I hate to be demanding, but I have to say this:

Why haven't we seen a Bangladesh screenie yet?? :p

^^^I have to agree with Simon there. The finger does look a little.......fickle but that's an unimportant worry. However, I hate to be demanding, but I have to say this:

Why haven't we seen a Bangladesh screenie yet?? :p

They have to make 300+ against Sri Lanka first

LOL! His fingers are really retarded. Screenies look good though!

And why's the fielder at short 3rd man or whatever standing like a slip. I presume it's a spinner bowling?

Last edited:
Celebrating a wicket? Waving to the crowd at fine leg/ 3rd man after a brilliant wicket taking over?

I don't think celebrations are done yet.

Nice screens there LM, I like them all apart from the one with the weird fingers :p.

On celebrations, we should have the chainsaw and all that. No just bowlers runnings down the pitch with their hands in the air. :p

enough about the fingers already, please. Do you think i dont know they look a bit wierd? So what if they are slightly retarded? Are you going to be staring at the fingers or playing the game? sheesh :rolleyes:

Seriously though, its really easy to nitpick about individual screen shots cos all deficiencies can be easily seen up close. If i wanted to make a screen shot perfect rather than a game i could just model a player in 70,000 polygons with beautiful hands and fingers and everything would look great, but the game would be unplayable. Look guys, i thought id post a new pic of a player doing something different. In this case the bowler is appealing to the umpire. The wierd angle is because I haven't coded the animations in to the logic yet, though the animations are done. So i just wanted to show a glimpse of an appeal animation, but the bowler is actually standing in the spot where he begins his runup. And remember, this is an INDIE project, not a game made by professional artists, just a few guys trying their best. I will welcome with open arms someone who can come and model a low-poly player with great fingers - if you can do it please pm me and ill get you the specifications. Im not being sarcastic, i mean it honestly, i would love to have better models too...so please come forward if you can model great human players :)

Bangladesh pix will be coming soon.

LM

And remember, this is an INDIE project, not a game made by professional artists, just a few guys trying their best. I will welcome with open arms someone who can come and model a low-poly player with great fingers - if you can do it please pm me and ill get you the specifications. Im not being sarcastic, i mean it honestly, i would love to have better models too...so please come forward if you can model great human players :)
With that kiwi shot the lower hand looks fine, just the one at the top seems like there is a finger coming out of the middle of the palm. I can understand low polygons as the reason for the fingers looking dodgy (I think they are better than the EA ones, the fingers are at least separate in TAOC), but what causes a randomly placed finger?

LM i was only having a joke about the fingers ;) as im sure everyone is. Main thing is that players dont looks like they're in the gym pumping up 25 hours a day, a la C07, or look like they'restarving themselves to model a stick cricketer, a la BLIC.

Most important factor is obviously game play, but in graphics as long as i can see big Fred in the slips a waiting an edge from a Harmy bouncer, im good ;) keep it up, and all the talk about polygons and things is scaring me, am i back in my maths room after so long?

LM i was only having a joke about the fingers ;) as im sure everyone is. Main thing is that players dont looks like they're in the gym pumping up 25 hours a day, a la C07, or look like they'restarving themselves to model a stick cricketer, a la BLIC.

Most important factor is obviously game play, but in graphics as long as i can see big Fred in the slips a waiting an edge from a Harmy bouncer, im good ;) keep it up, and all the talk about polygons and things is scaring me, am i back in my maths room after so long?

Yeh, I agree. The player models are a bit thin, therefore the pads are very thin. Anyway, that's not important nor are the fingers but it would be nice if the fingers weren't coming out of the palm. Still, not a priority at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread