Game Screens

I personally think the graphics look extremely nice, i can play cricket 2004 which doesnt exactly have the best graphics, its the gameplay that counts and i'm sure that its going to be awesome. Keep up the good work LM.

yes...the trial would definitely be there !! but its more beneficial spending time
working on the core things rather than crowds(which is quite obvious :p)

the main reason for the ignorance of better crowds is that it hampers the FPS
quite a lot ! the game becomes really choppy to say the least..

We could at least add in an option to turn 'good crowd' on or off, so if people have really grunty video cards then they could get the good stuff.

I think it is to do with the technology used to create the game.

I'm not criticising but you keep saying about slowdown and needing a good graphics card to have nice looking stuff but games like PES6, which have 3D models which look more complex than the TAOC ones, both the stadium and the players (no offence) and has just as many players and bigger stadiums but still runs quickly on average graphics cards, even with the highest possible graphics settings. It also has an animated crowd.
I don't mean this as criticism, I just wondered what would make TAOC run slower than a game which has better graphics than it?

I think Legend Master is aiming to be able to run the game constantly at 60 Frames Per Second, or FPS. I would think from personal experiences that your Pro Evolution Soccer 6 game runs at only about half of that.

I'm not criticising but you keep saying about slowdown and needing a good graphics card to have nice looking stuff but games like PES6, which have 3D models which look more complex than the TAOC ones, both the stadium and the players (no offence) and has just as many players and bigger stadiums but still runs quickly on average graphics cards, even with the highest possible graphics settings. It also has an animated crowd.
I don't mean this as criticism, I just wondered what would make TAOC run slower than a game which has better graphics than it?

Companies like EA have put a huge amount of resources into getting their 3D engines fine tuned. Id hate to think how much EA have spent.. millions of $'s probably. They can share their technology between their different games and have years and years of revisions under their belt.
TAOC isn't even in Beta v1 !

Companies like EA have put a huge amount of resources into getting their 3D engines fine tuned. Id hate to think how much EA have spent.. millions of $'s probably. They can share their technology between their different games and have years and years of revisions under their belt.
TAOC isn't even in Beta v1 !

yeah, that's exactly right. Optimizing is an art form in itself. EA and Konami and co would all have teams of programmers who only do optimizations to the engine code. We do nothave those resources im afraid, so a downside is the performance hit. However, having said all of this, i do plan to spend time at the end on optimizing as much as i can, to make it as fast as i possibly can.

it would be a great idea to have the option to turn things like more detailed crouds on or off.
i have a beast of a computer as i have to run very high end software on it and always make sure games have the graphis at the highest detail possible

I dont lie, and to be very honest, PES 6 isnt a pretty scene on low end graphics cards. It wasnt when i had a low end card.

Plus - all the physics things TAOC will incorporate in order to make the best cricket game - will put a lot of heavy load into the CPU. It isnt all about graphics cards - a game can struggle with high physics also. So with the high physics, if you crank up all the graphics, it can be bad. Its always not about the visual quality.

Moreover, the game engines of bigger companies, have very complex mechanisms to sort of render a model once and display it again and again. Its like rendering 10 people of the crowd and again and again placing them on the stadium seats. Whereas, if i am right, in TAOC, each model would be rendered individually. Unless Paul takes out time and does that thing.

have u made like the menus or anything for the game also what will it involve?
county season? international tours? internaational circuit? create a player?carrer mode like as u make your player take him to the nets get him better try get him contracted and son one and so forth?

As someone has mentioned, I will ask, will there be an option to turn up all the graphics for the high end users? maybe even a second release later on which has the original crowd etc. in it?

As someone has mentioned, I will ask, will there be an option to turn up all the graphics for the high end users? maybe even a second release later on which has the original crowd etc. in it?
Definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread