Game Screens

Great work! The game is really shaping up, and who really cares all that much about the graphics anyway, it's not like they are bad. Keep it up LM, you are doing a great job, and the stadium looks great jk. Well done everyone involved.

The graphics seem fine to me as I'm only really interested in how the game plays. Also, once the game engine is complete I'm sure that the graphics can be improved upon if needed.

With that kiwi shot the lower hand looks fine, just the one at the top seems like there is a finger coming out of the middle of the palm. I can understand low polygons as the reason for the fingers looking dodgy (I think they are better than the EA ones, the fingers are at least separate in TAOC), but what causes a randomly placed finger?

What causes a randomly placed finger is animations that deform geometry in certain circumstances that dont deform it the same way in other circumstances. When the fingers were modelled they were not randomly placed in the middle of the hand, they were - i can post screenshots to prove this ;) -in the correct position. This particular animation frame (and probably others) is warping the geometry so that it appears off center. It is fixable but pretty hard and time-consuming. But i guess what i'm saying is im not the greatest 3d modeller around, in fact pretty amateurish, so you guys should expect mistakes etc.

What causes a randomly placed finger is animations that deform geometry in certain circumstances that dont deform it the same way in other circumstances. When the fingers were modelled they were not randomly placed in the middle of the hand, they were - i can post screenshots to prove this ;) -in the correct position. This particular animation frame (and probably others) is warping the geometry so that it appears off center. It is fixable but pretty hard and time-consuming. But i guess what i'm saying is im not the greatest 3d modeller around, in fact pretty amateurish, so you guys should expect mistakes etc.
As I said your 'amateur' models are much better than the 'professional' ones EA use. Thanks for the explanation.

Out of interest do the fingers move for different ball grips and the like?

But i guess what i'm saying is im not the greatest 3d modeller around, in fact pretty amateurish, so you guys should expect mistakes etc.
We don't expect a perfect game from you LM, only a game that will be made for cricket fans by people who actually care about this sport. And in the course of the development of this game, we have been seeing how this one game is simply revolutionary compared to the other commercial ones---and believe me Paul, we require nothing more than that.

Last edited:
As I said your 'amateur' models are much better than the 'professional' ones EA use. Thanks for the explanation.

Out of interest do the fingers move for different ball grips and the like?

no worries, yeah they each have joints so can be molded into different poses, but man it's hardcore to animate 10 fingers! ;):eek::p

We don't expect a perfect game from you LM, only a game that will be made for cricket fans by people who actually care about this sport. And in the course of the development of this game, we have been seeing how this one game is simply revolutionary compared to the other commercial ones---and believe me Paul, we require nothing more than that.

Thanks, mate, that's the aim - with luck it can be achieved ;)

Last edited:

As long as the players dont have legs where arms go, and arms where ears go, im happy :p

The graphics are good enough, imo comparable to Cricket 2007. It's the gameplay that is the most important feature of this game. I would also like to say that the shot animations look are fantastic.

How about fielding animations, AI and a better crowd? :p

your wishes will come true very soon....
but the chances of a better crowd are pretty slim !! :p
we may have to make our piece with the current one....ALA BLC99 stlye ;)
and its not a big issue as most of the people have labelled BLC99 as the best
cricket title....and TAOC will have much better gameplay and graphics....
so....you know what am gonna say :D

your wishes will come true very soon....
but the chances of a better crowd are pretty slim !! :p
we may have to make our piece with the current one....ALA BLC99 stlye ;)
and its not a big issue as most of the people have labelled BLC99 as the best
cricket title....and TAOC will have much better gameplay and graphics....
so....you know what am gonna say :D

Well, I don't mind, but Paul did say he would spruce up the crowd at the end of the development.

Well, I don't mind, but Paul did say he would spruce up the crowd at the end of the development.

yes...the trial would definitely be there !! but its more beneficial spending time
working on the core things rather than crowds(which is quite obvious :p)

the main reason for the ignorance of better crowds is that it hampers the FPS
quite a lot ! the game becomes really choppy to say the least..

Users who are viewing this thread