Game Screens

great screens LM and well done for getting it in the game!!

Great stuff. But how'd you manage to get the size of the pixels or whatever it was down?

um, guys, those screens were from the newly created Eden Gardens stadium in India, made from scratch by JK, not the MCG guy from Google sketchup

LM

I knew it was from the Eden Gardens stadium.....

He said he couldnt use em because the pixels/polygon thingys. There were too much of them. Why can he use them now?

I knew it was from the Eden Gardens stadium.....

He said he couldnt use em because the pixels/polygon thingys. There were too much of them. Why can he use them now?

Jk was referring to the MCG model on sketchup with those comments, not Eden Gardens. The MCG model was even jerky on my 8800GTS!!! :eek:

You should make the stands quite high. Because in the EA and BLIC/RPIC games, the stands of the G look really low and don't look like the G at all.

The stadium looks excellent. A lot of work has been put into it, and it shows. How's the fielding going? Have you started work on it ?

I would say marvellous work for a one man show but sadly ground quality is not up to the mark for a commercial cricket ground ,dont offend I know that The Art of cricket will not be eye candy but looking at the fantastic players model to the ground which doesnt have high quality texture didnt give a good impression ,
The simple and least thing could be done is to increase the texture quality ,

Well, here is a comparison between a photo of Eden Gardens and the model buillt by Kartik:

Original picture of Eden Gardens from Google Earth:

Eden Gardens by Kartik:

See any resemblance? :rolleyes: :p .

And don't worry, Paul already said that we will be able to edit the grass texture quite simply using an image editing software ;) .

I would say marvellous work for a one man show but sadly ground quality is not up to the mark for a commercial cricket ground ,dont offend I know that The Art of cricket will not be eye candy but looking at the fantastic players model to the ground which doesnt have high quality texture didnt give a good impression ,
The simple and least thing could be done is to increase the texture quality ,

Oh I didnt realise TAOC was a commercial game? When was that announced Allrounder?
Remember graphics is all about wow factor which lasts about 10 minutes, after that its about gameplay. Experience tells us that over and over again! BLIC07 anyone?

what do you mean blic07. that game has the worst texture ever. and the gameplay... im not gonna say it. TAOC is turning out way better than blic07 in graphics and in gameplay (from what ive seen of the game.)

Oh I didnt realise TAOC was a commercial game? When was that announced Allrounder?
Remember graphics is all about wow factor which lasts about 10 minutes, after that its about gameplay. Experience tells us that over and over again! BLIC07 anyone?

what do you mean blic07. that game has the worst texture ever. and the gameplay... im not gonna say it. TAOC is turning out way better than blic07 in graphics and in gameplay (from what ive seen of the game.)

I totally agree, guys, not cos im biased, but from a totally objective point of view. We never said this was going to compete commercially in terms of graphics, though i actually kinda like the stylised TAOC graphics which although lacking the 'wow' factor do give a kinda realism in scale and other ways, if not showing off various shader effects - for example, i think Kartik's Eden gardens blows any other commercial game's offering away - because it actually feels like Eden Gardens, it feels different from other stadiums, unlike EA where all stadiums just blend into each other imo...

Anyway, i dont want to try to justify anything here, as i think people can make up their own minds. As we've said time and time again if you want 'commercial level' graphics then go buy BLIC or EA...see how long the graphical appeal lasts. I know for myself i was impressed by BLIC's animations (i thought their grass textures sucked too by the way, and stadiums were average - player models also sucked - shirt collars do not look like that!!) for about 5 minutes, until i realised the game sucked. I have never played it since.

LM

Last edited:
LM can you hurry up and make a demo for this game cuz as of now the best and most realistic cricket game out there for me is stick cricket. :crying please hurry and make a 5 overs demo.

Users who are viewing this thread