Gameplay Videos

The keepers seem to be allowing more balls past them than before... which is a good thing, unless if the ball is at easy catching height and less than 1m to his right/left.
Yeah, we have seen this while testing. Apparently, the fix we pushed out recently seems to have caused this issue. We're working on it and hopefully, it'll be resolved by next week.

The keepers seem to be allowing more balls past them than before... which is a good thing, unless if the ball is at easy catching height and less than 1m to his right/left.

I've noticed this too, although it's balanced with some ridonkulous catches. I had a great one when Agar tried to scoop my part-time offies over the keeper only to get caught out with a one-handed flying eagle. Tried recording but copped a BSOD (sob) so, yeah, shame that.

Yeah, we have seen this while testing. Apparently, the fix we pushed out recently seems to have caused this issue. We're working on it and hopefully, it'll be resolved by next week.
He does take a good amount of catches to be fair.

Still seeing (sometimes) that I'll get an edge (in career mode) and the keeper will move across the line of the ball and past where it would be and then dive to take the catch just before it hits the ground. I'll try get a vid of this and post it.

One of the best things about this weeks patch for PC? The straight drive is back, and it's glorious! :)

It's a shame that you can't actually see the ball fly to the ropes due to your arm being in way.

Nice YouTube channel btw.

Yeah, we have seen this while testing. Apparently, the fix we pushed out caused this issue. We're working on it and hopefully, it'll be resolved by next week.
Hey fiction. That video of the wicketkeeper shelling one is great, they need to make more mistakes in my opinion. Their reactions are way to quick, and need to be toned down for me. I wish they wouldn't take thick edges from spin bowling and hate it when I see them diving in front of 2nd slip to snaffle one. Also they always reach legside wides which should go for 4.

I got caught behind of a REALLY thick edge off a spinner. Edged it outside off, keeper put a hand out and took it outside leg... but Leg Gully probably would have been in play anyway :lol

Hey fiction. That video of the wicketkeeper shelling one is great, they need to make more mistakes in my opinion. Their reactions are way to quick, and need to be toned down for me. I wish they wouldn't take thick edges from spin bowling and hate it when I see them diving in front of 2nd slip to snaffle one. Also they always reach legside wides which should go for 4.
I agree having the wicket-keeper drop catches will make the game more realistic, however, we can't hastily take any step as this needs to be done in a controlled manner. You certainly wouldn't expect the keeper to drop catches that will comfortably land on his body. The focus is on decreasing his ability of catching absolute screamers and restraining him from interfering with the slip fielders. Who doesn't like the sight of the keeper just looking at the ball in vain as the slip fielder catches it?

Maybe it's just me, but when I saw the keeper just look at the slip cordon and expect them to dive for the catch I just assumed Dhoni was behind the stumps. 10/10 for realism, good job Big Ant.

We waited for you to leave the office and then fixed it :p

We'll test over the weekend and if it's all good we'll release it to the wild early next week :)

Two unrelated videos in one:

First part, I was batting in career mode and hit the non-striker right on the tip of the helmet.

Then, while unfortunately the Steam chats get in the way of things here - but I was playing online against Biggs and hit the ball along the ground for a 12, followed by hitting an along the ground 6! This didn't amuse Biggs.

Yeah , every now and again , the along the ground for six bug will rear its ugly head , much to the amusement of the Batsmen....

Yeah , every now and again , the along the ground for six bug will rear its ugly head , much to the amusement of the Batsmen....

Is there a particular shot (say straight drive) which triggers the bug or is it random?

Users who are viewing this thread