General Cricket Discussion

yeah but four groups of four might mean that we don't get an India-Pakistan game!!!!!

e: I'd use the USA 94 structure for the World T20 at this point - some might not agree with having that many teams but its the world T20; you schedule the games as double headers and have Canada-Afghanistan be the opening act for England-New Zealand or whoever are playing and make sure that you have both associates and full members playing each day

yeah but four groups of four might mean that we don't get an India-Pakistan game!!!!!

e: I'd use the USA 94 structure for the World T20 at this point - some might not agree with having that many teams but its the world T20; you schedule the games as double headers and have Canada-Afghanistan be the opening act for England-New Zealand or whoever are playing and make sure that you have both associates and full members playing each day

I like the idea of one Asso. and one Test side playing a day. Also we could have Ind-Pak matches in the KO Rounds !! Even more exciting.[DOUBLEPOST=1423866268][/DOUBLEPOST]McCullum seems to be in the mood today.

Cricket Australia have been doing something similar with Women's T20 matches scheduling them before the men's match - so that you can get to the ground and see two matches for the price of one. Nine televised a lot of those matches as well, as all the equipment is already there for it.

The plan is to expand that next year to the whole Big Bash, with the WBBL to follow the BBL schedule like that.

In one move, they made the women's game much more accessible to both the public and TV audiences.

With the new rule of just 4 fielders outside the Inner Ring , Australian Grounds are nothing but Cremation Grounds for the Bowlers at the End Overs.

Finn takes what could be the most meaningless hat-trick in the history of cricket. He looks positively embarrassed.

Second most expensive ODI Hat-Trick apparently!

e: Obviously all hat-tricks are for 0! I meant Five Wicket haul! Sorry!

Last edited:
DRS - hats off. They really are making it up as they go along aren't they.

The WC is not the place to turn up with a system where no one has a clue on what happens once a decision is made and DRS then later invoked.

This is one of the reasons why I don't get the need to rush with DRS. Have all these issues and confusions cleared up at lower levels first. The WC is not the place to 'experiment' with new systems.[DOUBLEPOST=1423912231][/DOUBLEPOST]
Second most expensive ODI Hat-Trick apparently!

Nope its the most expensive !!

The WC is not the place to turn up with a system where no one has a clue on what happens once a decision is made and DRS then later invoked.

This is one of the reasons why I don't get the need to rush with DRS. Have all these issues and confusions cleared up at lower levels first. The WC is not the place to 'experiment' with new systems.[DOUBLEPOST=1423912231][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nope its the most expensive !!

Apologies, it was second most expensive 5 wicket haul (from BBC Cricket)

5-73: Gordon Goudie, Scotland v Australia, Edinburgh, 2009

5-71: Steven Finn, England v Australia, Melbourne, 2015

5-70: Jason Gillespie, Australia v Pakistan, Nairobi, 2002

If there was no DRS Taylor would have stayed out LBW - it didn't impact the result.

The problem is the laws of the game not being followed.

Via twitter:
B9zQc4NCYAA3MZa.jpg

Home Teams dominates in openers... it meant to be happen and guess what they destroyed there opponents... Can india be a dominate force in tomorrow match?...

Users who are viewing this thread