General Cricket Discussion

Not saying he would have gone out of his way to block DRS, but I'm sure his opinion would've been asked. You can see why he'd not want it. Can only benefit someone like Swann.

Look how KP had to change his game against spin once DRS was introduced. It ruined him for a small period of his career. He basically started playing everything from well outside leg stump on the back foot. If I was a batsman and could avoid something forcing me to change my technique or strategy, I'd avoid it.

So again dear sir, if it was so hard for India to win with DRS, that BCCI has to block DRS, or else India would have Tendulkar LBW, and then it would spread like an epidemic to the rest of the team, and the whole batting unit would turn into a bunch of senseless zombies who would forget how to use the bat and keep trying to kick the ball, to the point that not one batsman will be able to score a single run, all of whom would have been bowled LBW by Swann, regardless of which nation they were playing ... I have only one question.

If this ****** theory was nothing more than bullsh*t, then why has India one both the major tournaments which it has played with DRS? WC 2011 and CT 2013 - both had DRS, both were the two of the biggest ticket tournaments, and India won them both. Hahahaha

So how does this fit in with your theory that with DRS India just cannot win, and thus want to avoid DRS? Hahaha

I said VIDEO FOOTAGE. Not snicko. There is room for interpretation on the video footage. Some say that they saw a slight edge/change in seam position. Other say they didn't. That right there, is an in between. Those are differing interpretations.

Again that is why there is sniko. Was there a spike in the Sniko - No. Hence Not Out.

Yes. Better to live with an infrequent DRS 'fiasco' than another instance of India not using DRS and no one getting to reverse a horrible decision. It's not even up for debate at this point. It fixes more decisions than it gets wrong. Thats the whole point.

It is up for debate, what do u think we are doing here !!

No you are right, just because DRS can overturn some basic pedestrian decision where all the tech was not required anyway, and a mere naked eye look at the replay would be enough to see the error, we need to put up with more of these laughable decisions -

^ Hahahaha Just Brilliant. A system that is meant to fix umpire errors leads to THIS ^. DRS should have been kicked out that very day, and immediately sent to a technical committee for improvement. If only ppl had some sense.

Again that is why there is sniko. Was there a spike in the Sniko - No. Hence Not Out.

Unless I was watching a different match, there was a spike, but not a very tall one. Suggesting that there was probably a tiny edge.

I maintain that while the DRS has had its problems it remains the best solution to ensuring correct decisions and we should stick with it. India should also be forced to use it.

I maintain that while the DRS has had its problems it remains the best solution to ensuring correct decisions and we should stick with it. India should also be forced to use it.

See I don't have any issue with this. I just don;t get ppl who cannot even accept that DRS has issues and has led to some fo the worst ever decisions in the game.

Unless I was watching a different match, there was a spike, but not a very tall one. Suggesting that there was probably a tiny edge.

Don;t know what match u were watching but in the one that I was watching, no one, not me, not the commentators was any change in the sniko. Infact the commentators were stunned when the DRS overturned the n.o. judgement.

There was definitely some disturbance in the snicko as the ball passed the bat. It wasn't a significant spike, but something was there. Which is why I was quite confident it would be given out, even though the commentators were doubtful.

I wonder if the TV umpire has equipment to cancel out the stadium noise while listening for edges. Because I wouldn't be surprised if there was a feather edge sound which regular tv audio failed to show because of the noise

but no one is saying that? the argument is that drs has its problems but using it is much better for the game that not.

i'd personally make the rules that drs is something that teams should work towards using but make it something that the home teams in bilateral/trilateral series decides on. That would mean that countries that cannot use drs for whatever reason (mainly cost; i don't think its ever been used at any ODI/T20 hosted by an associate team) elect that for home series but cannot influence whether or not it is used in away series. That would mean right now that it probably would be used everywhere bar games played in India. I'd also consider the "inconclusive" option that Matt suggested earlier, although the NFL don't do that with a similar system and it may lead to the thing being used to challenge silly things.

Don;t know what match u were watching but in the one that I was watching, no one, not me, not the commentators was any change in the sniko. Infact the commentators were stunned when the DRS overturned the n.o. judgement.

Watch it again. There was 100% a disturbance on snicko as ball went by bat.

Obviously this was not a good decision since it was already a not out and the evidence was very inconclusive to reverse the decision, secondly this wasn't a dismissal where one can even think of blaming DRS unlike the Tendulkar dismissal in the last worldcup.
A good gesture from ICC was to clear this matter by stating any law (if applicable) or they can accept it as a mistake.
If the third umpire can reverse decision based on such inconclusive evidence then umpire's call in case of LBWs are pretty lame and third umpire should give out even if 1% of the ball is hitting.

Watch it again. There was 100% a disturbance on snicko as ball went by bat.

No did watch it very carefully that, naturally it was a crucial point in the match, and there was nothing on Sniko. In fact despite repeated replays even the commentators said there is nothing on there.

No did watch it very carefully that, naturally it was a crucial point in the match, and there was nothing on Sniko. In fact despite repeated replays even the commentators said there is nothing on there.

I don't care about the commentators. I had the same view as they did. There was something on snicko.

Do you sense from this forum that the general feeling is that DRS is a positive thing? It's made cricket a more accurate game, and for that reason alone, people like it.

Reading the insane ramblings of someone who wants to see more umpiring mistakes in cricket

I am not sure about name calling ... but ah well you can call yourself insane all u want. What do I care?

Also overall its great that u finally saw sense and realised that the Pro-DRS posts you have been making born out of some weird Boner you have for DRS are nothing more 'insane ramblings' and that the continued use of DRS will lead to more an more terrible and laughable decisions.

However the morbid desire you have for wanting to have more Umpire mistakes is something beyond me. To each his own I guess.

And we come back to Matt's original point that it eradicates more mistakes than it creates.

Nice attempt at being funny though

Users who are viewing this thread