General Cricket Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Been trying to set up my own Cricket blog since last 4-5 months. I have a section on my blog known as History of Cricket. Have covered mostly everything from the 16th century till the 2007 ODI World Cup. Now the challenge is World T20 and IPL which should have more in-depth details as they are responsible for the Cricket that is being played today. I just need a good read about the development of T20 Cricket as a whole to write in that matter. Any suggestions?

Not tagged but it might be worth having a look at Tim Wigmore's book. Think it was called something like T20 Revolution? I remember reading a book on the early days of IPL too, it was published years ago and covered how the league came about in terms of Lalit Modi and co organizing it. Might add it on later if I remember the darn title.

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Kamran Akmal unironically dropping himself from PSL 2022

What an entitled prick. Yes, he scored heavily in the first few seasons, but he's been poor in the last couple years, yet he expects to be in Platinum or Diamond. He didn't even deserve Gold, Silver is where he belongs.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
What an entitled prick. Yes, he scored heavily in the first few seasons, but he's been poor in the last couple years, yet he expects to be in Platinum or Diamond. He didn't even deserve Gold, Silver is where he belongs.

Well, no one seems to have told him the tales of Mushfiqur Rahim, the Bangaldeshi who kept on trying for 13 auction in the IPL!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

I am really fed up with this 'Black' based sympathy news coming out of South Africa every now and then. The article has some excellent inputs from Dave Richardson and Vincetn Barnes. However, Geoffrey Toyona has simply harped on how pathetic his life was as a 'black' and how that has not worked in his favour. Understand there have been problems in South Africa, however, this guy really needs to get the context of what is being asked, rather than shoot off on apartheid and racism at every given opportunity.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cricket makes its debut on Amazon Prime
1639994134222.png

Hope it expands to other countries as well. Getting tired of the many subscriptions that we are forced to buy in order to watch cricket.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
How did I miss this one?

This is hot news! The fact that the ICC intends to segregate the rights per continent is huge! This will probably be headed the FIFA way wherein the World Cup rights are auctioned off per continent. Plus, if the news is to be believed, then Mukesh Ambani (owner of Mumbai Indians) entering the fray might see an escalated bidding war. Imagine it to be a frenzy- those of you who followed the last IPL TV rights auction, would know.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
However, Geoffrey Toyona has simply harped on how pathetic his life was as a 'black' and how that has not worked in his favour. Understand there have been problems in South Africa, however, this guy really needs to get the context of what is being asked, rather than shoot off on apartheid and racism at every given opportunity.
Do you have any specific criticisms, or does the fact that any person of colour might talk about their experiences in terms of race seem offensive to you, somehow? From your previous posts on this topic, it seems the latter. Even mentioning the world "black" seems to trigger you, honestly.
If you try to understand what he’s actually saying, or maybe follow the SJN hearing that have been going on, you'll get it. Now I personally don’t agree with the quota system at the international level, but if a group of people is kept segregated for centuries on the basis of their skin, all the systemic inequality and racism accumulated over those centuries does not go away at the snap of a finger when their communities are treated like equal human beings again.
Systemic racism doesn’t mean that the current cricketing system is full of racists. It means that the system, as well as the entirety of South African society, was designed by racists in the apartheid era, for racist purposes, where white players would come through prestigious private schools onto the domestic and international team. Black players didn’t and still don’t have access to the same opportunities, because of socioeconomic discrimination in the apartheid era that, again, didn’t go away in the blink of an eye when Mandela was freed.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That was an amazing win. I wish I had the money to travel for this series.

Users who are viewing this thread