General Cricket Discussion

ICC news: BCCI too powerful, players believe | Cricket News | Cricinfo ICC Site | ESPN Cricinfo

When asked if ICC decision-making was influenced unfairly by the power of the BCCI, 69% said 'yes', while 31% answered "don't know". None of the respondents gave a definitive 'no'.

Quite interesting to see what players think about different aspects of the game. However....

FICA is not affiliated with players from India - the BCCI being the major opponent of the DRS - or from Pakistan or Zimbabwe.

I'm guessing that means it doesn't include the opinions of Indian, Pakistani and Zimbabwean players.

Something really needs to happen fast in order to protect this game from falling entirely into the hands of the BCCI .

32% of players would retire prematurely from international cricket to play exclusively in the IPL and similar Twenty20 tournaments
40% said that given the magnitude of salaries being offered by the IPL, they could envisage a day where they would rank their obligations to IPL and other T20 events ahead of obligations to their home boards
94% believed that superior salaries offered by the IPL would motivate younger players to hone their skills principally to T20

Really disturbing facts .

----------

When asked if ICC decision-making was influenced unfairly by the power of the BCCI, 69% said 'yes', while 31% answered "don't know". None of the respondents gave a definitive 'no'.

Thats sort of good , they need to know this and more . That 31% would have largely been accounted to the South African and the Australian cricket boards .:rolleyes

BCCI is clearly trying to establish an NBA sort of league, and thus, disparaging international cricket. Which is obvious by the fact they're clamoring for a separate window for the league interminably.

BCCI is clearly trying to establish an NBA sort of league, and thus, disparaging international cricket. Which is obvious by the fact they're clamoring for a separate window for the league interminably.

I certainly hope not. The NBA season has almost (if my calculations are right) 1230 games in the regular season. Can you imagine if the IPL went on for 1230 games? Hell on earth right there....

That is incredibly annoying. Really pissed off at him

Yea, I believe there was some sort of verbal agreement between Donald and NZC but I guess the offer to coach his national side was too good to refuse.

I certainly hope not. The NBA season has almost (if my calculations are right) 1230 games in the regular season. Can you imagine if the IPL went on for 1230 games? Hell on earth right there....

I wasn't for certain talking about the number of games. I meant it with respect to establishing a popularity, NBA has palpably overshadowed international basketball as well as other leagues. And you can't argue that the players in latter aren't as good as the american ones; we have a fair share of prodigious players there.
I feel this is exactly what BCCI wants to do - overshadow all other sort of cricket with the exciting T20 slogfest. Why else would they demand for a separate window for the league?

Why do some International players wear steel grilled helmets instead of titanium grilled helmets. Like strauss or some of the Sri lankan player's. I just don't understand why they wouldn't as titanium is much lighter and stonger.

Users who are viewing this thread