General Cricket Discussion

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
How long before other cricket boards put the BCCI in its place, by revoking NOCs for their own players to play in the IPL and basically say "unless Indian players are allowed to play other leagues, we wont let our players play in the IPL"?

Looks like the BCCI is getting away with pure dictatorship where they are not even allowing a current IPL player (MS Dhoni) to be even a 'mentor' for an overseas T20 league franchise (JSK franchise who also own CSK, want MSD to be part of their side as 'mentor'). And the likes of Suresh Raina have been crying out for so long that they want to be able to participate in overseas T20 leagues while also still having a chance to play in IPL. Why cant a retired Indian player play in IPL and overseas T20 leagues? BCCI says "Indian players must also retire from IPL, in order to be able to play overseas T20 leagues and once they do that, they cant return back into the IPL or Indian cricket in any capacity". Absolute bollocks!!

Never going to happen. As long as Indian cricket brings in the moolah, do not expect other boards to sabotage their relationship with the BCCI.

I, for one, believe the BCCI is right is protecting its own baby. The availability of Indian players makes the league supremely exclusive and that isnt something that the board will do away with. While the likes of MI< LSG, KKR have invested in other leagues and bought teams, them trying to bulldoze the board into allowing players seems a bit far-fethced.

Furthermore, they are also right in not allowing a standing player to become a part of the support staff- like the one you've mentioned above-MSD for JSK. Yuvraj Singh retired in order to play in other leagues. The IPL pays much more than 2-3 leagues combined. A player like Raina could at max get half a million say from the Canadian/BBL/ The 100. The IPL thought might pay him $2 Billion for merely being a part of the team.

I still think the board is right in standing its ground. Else, you may have a situation akin to the West Indies where players dictate their terms- like Russell wanting to play for the WI on his on terms. Obviously, the board wouldn't let it stray that- but it makes more sense in a country like India where talent is immense.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So it looks like Domingo’s job is under threat now as the Bangladeshi head coach. He’s been a very mixed bag IMO and I’ve not been a fan of him since the start. Who will want to replace him though with so much interference and noise around the side?
"It'll be Khaled Mahmud and you will like it"
- BCB probably

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think Bangladesh's board needs to tone down a bit. A couple of losses doesnt mean that the coach needs to be sacked ASAP. If they keep doing this, they will never grow as nation. As with any other team, they need the coach-captain combine to work well over a prolonged time period. Expecting that BD will win the Asia Cup/ WT20 would be too far-fetched at the moment. They need to put in place the right milestones and work towards it.

It happened during Hathurasinghe's tenure and he did it well. He was also able to ward off any undue influences/approaches from the BCB.With Russell Domingo, BCB has been trying to play hard ball. Having Jamie Siddons doesn't simply add up. Why on earth would you hire a former Head Coach as the current batting coach? As claimed by some above, Domingo will probably be gone after the WT20. Don't expect him to linger longer. What would serve them well is a no-nonsense person who wouldn't take brickbats from the board. My suggestions (wont happen for sure) would be someone like Shastri, Kumble, Bayliss or Moody.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I have always felt Pujara should have been in the ODI setup for the country. I have watched this guy since his U-19 days and can safely say that the range of strokeplay he has is unparalleled. Its unfortunate that he was never given a proper run in the format. Else we would have had a pretty strong middle order.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Seriously, what's up with C.Pujara? He hit a third ton with a SR in excess of 100. Is he perhaps trying to knock on the ODI scene?
Most of the first XI players in England are playing the Hundred, so i think he’s scoring against weaker attacks in the OD cup

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Seriously, what's up with C.Pujara? He hit a third ton with a SR in excess of 100. Is he perhaps trying to knock on the ODI scene?
I still remember his 63 ball 23 runs against Bangladesh which was his last ODI appearance.. His strike rate in ODI's is 39. Definitely not suited for the format. 15 years ago? Sure... now? no!

Users who are viewing this thread