General Cricket Discussion

The draft shows that India will not host Bangladesh or Zimbabwe for either Tests or ODIs until 2020. India have not hosted Bangladesh in a bilateral series since their getting Test status in 2000. England are also not scheduled to host Bangladesh for Tests in the programme and their only series against Zimbabwe - in February-March 2017 - has no venue specified, though given the time of year it is unlikely to be in England.

This pretty much confirms the BCCI's stranglehold on the game of cricket. What a joke that two out of our four next tours are against Zimbabwe, while India don't need to host them or Bangladesh until 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to play Bangladesh every year as well, like we have been. I just hope we can be competitive against Australia and South Africa this summer, or you have to begin to think that we'll fall down into the Bangladesh and Zimbabwe bracket, and get more isolated than we already are from the major countries.

federer_2k11_wimbledon_69.jpg

134406.jpg

Great sights at Wimbledon. I wonder what they were talking 'bout. Sachin Tweeted
Spent an hour with Roger Federer chatting on the balcony of Wimbledon Royal box. What a humble guy!

And by the way he knows a lot about cricket!! :p

----------

I would love to see Fedex play cricket sometime for charity :p He can hit a couple of square cuts and hook shots ;)

federer_2k11_wimbledon_69.jpg

134406.jpg

Great sights at Wimbledon. I wonder what they were talking 'bout. Sachin Tweeted

Yes, this is a great sight. Two masters of their games meeting together.

Well, in early days, Sachin wanted to become a tennis star so, he might just be asking how to brush up his tennis playing skills.

What the hell is up with the ICC???? They have just said that the DRS will now be compulsory but the England-India series will be played without Hawk-Eye???? I don't get it? Hawk Eye has been a staple of international cricket for more than half a decade. This is some of the stupidest cricket news I have heard all year, looks like the ICC just hit common sense out the park yet again. :spy

What the hell is up with the ICC???? They have just said that the DRS will now be compulsory but the England-India series will be played without Hawk-Eye???? I don't get it? Hawk Eye has been a staple of international cricket for more than half a decade. This is some of the stupidest cricket news I have heard all year, looks like the ICC just hit common sense out the park yet again

Its the BCCI decison to not have DRS in the series not the ICCs.

No. The use of DRS has been approved for the up coming tour. but no hawk eye will be used. its on cricinfo.

I thought it was weird too, but then remembered the only reason India were against the DRS was because they thought Hawkeye was one persons imagination against another persons. So the ICC bowed down to it and if implemented it without Hawkeye.

I still think most tests ( I imagine all ones not against India) will be played with Hawkeye.

This pretty much confirms the BCCI's stranglehold on the game of cricket. What a joke that two out of our four next tours are against Zimbabwe, while India don't need to host them or Bangladesh until 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to play Bangladesh every year as well, like we have been. I just hope we can be competitive against Australia and South Africa this summer, or you have to begin to think that we'll fall down into the Bangladesh and Zimbabwe bracket, and get more isolated than we already are from the major countries.

I know what you mean and its frustrating but you can't really blame them, I mean we have been woeful at test cricket the last few years. If we want the competition we really need to make this summer count, I seriously believe Australia is there for the taking and we could hopefully do ok versus SA.

Strange about the runners. Don't see what purpose that will serve.
Apparently Federer is a big cricket fan btw - his mum is South African.

Runners is interesting, I'm guessing it's related to pace of the game? I'd rather a stronger set of restrictions on it's use.

2 new balls could be quite big in places like England, SA and NZ. I like the Powerplay idea.

Users who are viewing this thread