General Cricket Discussion

Thats what I want to say. If Indians play they get sponsors and if they don't they do not? Come on this is ████. This is your domestic league why on first would you like this ████ International player rule.

I think its just a l-ame excuse. I find it hard to believe the sponsors were willing to do it only because the likes of Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja were playing in it.

They were having problem finding Indian broadcastors. I read in another forum that Geo (in Pak) has expressed interest. Also Espn 3 already has an online schedule for SLPL. I am pretty sure the problem is with Somerset which most likely wants Indian players + broadcasters as part of the contract.

And now the League is postponed for a year. This is ████ from SLC. They should think about their players rather then overseas players

Harbhajan: Great?

It's in the title, who here thinks Harbhajan is a great player and who here doesn't?

Of course it is, for the Sri Lankan Twenty League to work it had to obtain the broadcasting rights overseas (basically, in India).

The domestic market just wouldn't make it financially viable and to make it work they had to penetrate the Indian market (and to a smaller extent to the Pakistani market) but without the Indian players, Sri Lanka had no chance of selling it out in India because they would have had little interest.

Isn't SL cricket having some financial issues as well? I wonder if that is the real reason why they can't afford to launch this year and to save face they've deflected that blame somewhere else.

As for Harbhajan, I thought he was great under Ganguly, in that era. But since then he's merely tidy, nothing special. Whether it's because batsmen have learned how to play him or he's just lost some zip and flair, I'm not sure. Probably both.

And why is that funny? He is England's best batsman by a country mile at the moment and I can see it only being a matter of time before England finally win a World Cup.

And why is that funny? He is England's best batsman by a country mile at the moment and I can see it only being a matter of time before England finally win a World Cup.

I did not laugh for that. But Cook is definitely not going to take them there. The English ODI team looks like a test team. Cook, Trott, Bell and Bopara. Atleast 2 need to be out of the team. As far as I have seen so far Cook seems to be completely lost when the opposition is in control. Broad the other captain needs to be dropped for some time as well.

Users who are viewing this thread