General Cricket Discussion

Yeah I'm not sure what to think of it really. I have a lot of time for Katich but why does he need to go on like this, its not really a good look at all. Sure CA haven't really handled the situation well but it just seems like sour grapes from Katich. Not a big fan of Clarke at all but he has gotten results so far, I guess we'll see how much Katich is missed in the SA tests depending on how Hughes goes.

He's not going on about it, the media is going on about it. First they asked whether a new chairman of selectors changed his hopes and he said he didn't think it was entirely about selection policy. Then they asked him if he thought he would play while Clarke is captain and he gave another honest answer. It's not like he's rabidly running about shouting things, this was in a press conference. Since then, they've got a bite out of Clarke and one more from CA. He hasn't said anything else, they've just republished his comments, as well as the ones from June.

People say they hate it so much when public figures lie or "appear fake", but they hate it even more when they are honest.

Katich is justifyably dissapointed in my view, and he hasn't got much to lose by having a spray like that.

Just imagine getting cut off, when you've been one of the best batsmen in the country; and also when your Cricket Australia contract is a big part of your income.

Katich is justifyably dissapointed in my view, and he hasn't got much to lose by having a spray like that.

Just imagine getting cut off, when you've been one of the best batsmen in the country; and also when your Cricket Australia contract is a big part of your income.

My thoughts exactly. Katman should still be opening the batting with Watson, regardless of that Young Hughes has temporarily revived his career.

My thoughts exactly. Katman should still be opening the batting with Watson, regardless of that Young Hughes has temporarily revived his career.

I haven't seen much of him since his exile. Has he learnt how to play a moving ball back of a length now?

Bit baffled seeing this, I thought Katich had been one of Australia's more consistent batsman in the last few years. Always seems to get runs when no one else does.

^It's mostly about age, and a new face for the team. Keeping 3 batsmen who are over 35 from a team that was smashed in the Ashes is not really a good look for the future. It seemed the selectors were thinking about 2013 Ashes when they made this call, not on a series by series basis.

He's not going on about it, the media is going on about it. First they asked whether a new chairman of selectors changed his hopes and he said he didn't think it was entirely about selection policy. Then they asked him if he thought he would play while Clarke is captain and he gave another honest answer. It's not like he's rabidly running about shouting things, this was in a press conference. Since then, they've got a bite out of Clarke and one more from CA. He hasn't said anything else, they've just republished his comments, as well as the ones from June.

People say they hate it so much when public figures lie or "appear fake", but they hate it even more when they are honest.

Well Katich gave his opinion, which seems to be based on his gut feel rather than any facts. I think he's entitled to his opinion, but it's unfortunate that the media has really taken the story and run with it, simultaneously trying to crucify both players. Really, Katich should have known better than to start slinging mud, but I guess he's just a bit frustrated.

He should be frustrated. Australia's best batsman over the last few years and he was shown absolutely no respect. He should still be in the team.

I appreciate that he is 36, but it does seem somewhat harsh that a batsman who has been extremely consistent since his recall in 2007/2008 is dropped after 4 bad test matches away to India and home to England respectively. Two against each of those nations and that was apparently it for an opener who for me actually improved as he got older and understood his role within the side better.

Funnily enough, he has done well everywhere and against everyone, except England. Which probably doesn't help him.

How has he been getting on in Australian domestic cricket?

I appreciate that he is 36, but it does seem somewhat harsh that a batsman who has been extremely consistent since his recall in 2007/2008 is dropped after 4 bad test matches away to India and home to England respectively. Two against each of those nations and that was apparently it for an opener who for me actually improved as he got older and understood his role within the side better.

Funnily enough, he has done well everywhere and against everyone, except England. Which probably doesn't help him.

How has he been getting on in Australian domestic cricket?

Well, he only played 2 of the 5 tests in The Ashes and didn't he play the 2nd innings of the 2nd test injured?

Last edited:
He did, hence me saying he had four bad test matches, two against each of India and England. I figure people are aware that he got injured and wasn't recalled since. Also, there are five test matches in the Ashes ;)

I hate to see Katich continue his rages.

It was awesome and was a great fire up in the beginning after his sacking, but this continuation has the chance to do more harm than good.

I hate to see Katich continue his rages.

It was awesome and was a great fire up in the beginning after his sacking, but this continuation has the chance to do more harm than good.

Maintain the rage, is what I say. It was a wrong decision by a discredited selection panel, and it doesn't get any righter with time! :noway

Have to agree with you Ansh. Well written.

Thanks bro.. It's not that I liked what I have written,most of the true cricket followers world over must be thinking in similar lines, I feel I only put those thoughts into writing.

Cricket's popularity is immense in India, so I guess the people running the show here don't care two hoots if few fans here and there like me, decide not to follow Indian cricket on TV or electronic/print media.

To put things into perspective, I'm quoting one dialogue from the movie I recently caught on TV,"Clash of the Titans",
it goes like this,"But someday one has to take a stand, someday one has to say ENOUGH!!"

Users who are viewing this thread