General Cricket Discussion

^Haha - awesome... Not gonna try and defend that one :p You can't have T20 rankings when teams only play a random handful each year. It's bad enough getting decent looking ODI rankings when India play SL every couple of months, while NZ and SA have played far less. A balanced schedule that isn't influenced by money grabbing random series is needed if you want 'proper' rankings eg. this recent Aus-Eng ODI series.

That is horrid, Pakistan are classed as one of the best T20 sides as well as Australia, had they won 3-0 against a team like India or Pakistan I would have accepted that ranking, but Ireland :facepalm

T20 is a game which can go either way. Too unpredictable. So, the rankings should not really matter in this format. Though I'd vote for the T20 rankings to go away.

Eh, they're already back to 9th having lost to Scotland and Netherlands. The story here is that they're playing. This is the sort of professional campaigning that has been needed for Bangladesh. If they start to do well as a result, then so be it.

^The real question is...where are the Netherlands going to end up for knocking off the (temporarily) 4th ranked T20 side?? We need to get them in the top 3 I reckon :D

Pakistan fast bowling need some work, Umar Gul being dropped he should learn from what he has done in the past. I think he has lost his touch a little bit after that Sri Lanka series.

They have gotten that banana-swinger in the form of Anwar Ali, he s quite lethal and he can also bat a bit. I dont think they should face any problems here.

Anwar Ali is not impressive, he just did some work in the finals. But hopefully against Australia, he shows some magic.

Just heard some news regarding the Bangla T20 league- organizers says the league was arranged haphazardly and it was born more of of sentiments than anything else.

Have heard bout them being bandied around the slums but according to the wiki link you so kindly provided shows that in most cases only two spinners played in the playing eleven, compare this to the recent great AUS side which had in most cases three or four world class bowlers, Lee, Gillespie, McGrath or Warne, balanced spin and pace. We can even go to today, the English and Proteas have four world class bowlers per side. According to the wiki link the spin quartet played only once together, even so it was a one dimensional attack so back to my original post, India seem to have never fetched a strong world class bowling lineup over a sustained period of time like the great AUS, Eng, SA, WI, Pak sides have.

Users who are viewing this thread