General Cricket Discussion

Looking at Kallis, I feel its the right time for him to bid adieu to the ODIs.

So you decide his batting and performance based on IPL and Champions league? How about the contribution he made for last 21 years to India and to the game of cricket?

It is not able what he made in 21 years of cricket, it is about what he is making now. and seriously he has always been over-rated in my opinion. I see many players better than him play less game, because Tendulkar wastes a spot in the Indian team

For us it means something but for the younger ones seeing him falter like this is detrimental to his legacy, many sportsmen have retired on a high, why not Sachin, its time for him to rest, stop being selfish and give the young guys a chance, if the Indians didnt had some depth in their batting and Sachin was scoring good then I would see a reason he should remain, but as of now there is absolutely no reason for him to stay!
There is absolutely no point of talking about his retirement because I am feeling that if he fails in the upcoming England series, he will retire. I quoted your last post regarding your comments about his performance in CL T20 that it does not matter how he performs in it cause there is no meaning of those tournaments.

and seriously he has always been over-rated in my opinion.

Sachin has been overrated? And here I though he was arguably the best batsman cricket has ever seen.

It is not able what he made in 21 years of cricket, it is about what he is making now. and seriously he has always been over-rated in my opinion. I see many players better than him play less game, because Tendulkar wastes a spot in the Indian team

thats really should be in jokes thread.Go see his stats. he have that records that i dont think anyone will break for eg 100 centuries..that really was a chidish post:facepalm:facepalm

:thumbs

Spot on there mate!

thats really should be in jokes thread.Go see his stats. he have that records that i dont think anyone will break for eg 100 centuries..that really was a chidish post:facepalm:facepalm

No there is nothing childish about his post and in fact it has plenty substance.

Obviously no one would make 100 centuries since they would not play so many tests and ODI, in fact had Bradman played half of the games Tendulkar has he wouldve scored more centuries than Sachin has. You talk about records which one is noteworthy he hasnt even scored a triple century to date, guys like Dravid were much better than him they actually won many games for India!

There is absolutely no point of talking about his retirement because I am feeling that if he fails in the upcoming England series, he will retire. I quoted your last post regarding your comments about his performance in CL T20 that it does not matter how he performs in it cause there is no meaning of those tournaments.

He said he would retire shortly after the world cup yet he is still here. So if he makes two scores over 50 and Pujara makes one score over 50 then Pujara should be dropped for a 39 year old to play in the next series?

Let alone the the T20 area he is currently ranked 16th in tests, disgusting shows how his form has dropped!

He said he would retire shortly after the world cup yet he is still here.

HE NEVER SAID THAT HE WILL RETIRE AFTER WORLD CUP. The only time Sachin himself talked about his retirement was last month in an interview. He mentioned that he will rethink about his future in cricket after playing the Egnalnd series and how is he feeling about his form. He also said there is not much cricket left in him which is a clear indication that his retirement is near.

You don't understand do you. It is not about his stats at all. Ok he has good stats, that is because of two reason, a) he has played the most games by far. b)was a fairly decent player. He was performing, that is like keeping Shahid Afridi in the team for his name over performance. He was good now he is a bag of donkey poo

HE NEVER SAID THAT HE WILL RETIRE AFTER WORLD CUP. The only time Sachin himself talked about his retirement was last month in an interview. He mentioned that he will rethink about his future in cricket after playing the Egnalnd series and how is he feeling about his form. He also said there is not much cricket left in him which is a clear indication that his retirement is near.

For all and sundry lets hope he does retire after the English series but he could be a factor in causing India to lose by soaking up a batting position.

For all and sundry lets hope he does retire after the English series but he could be a factor in causing India to lose by soaking up a batting position.

touch? , not half of what he was. He is out of form and a waste of space.

You're only one innings away from finding form.

Besides, there are players in worse form. It would be paradoxical to drop Tendulkar because he's past it and retain Gambhir or Sehwag when they've gone longer between drinks.

You're only one innings away from finding form.

Besides, there are players in worse form. It would be paradoxical to drop Tendulkar because he's past it and retain Gambhir or Sehwag when they've gone longer between drinks.

You have a very good and perfectily reasonable arguments, but this is the same for most Asian teams, they keep a player on their reputation above performance.
e.g. Sehwag, Afridi, Umar Akmal, Gambhir etc. Chuck them out and give proper talent a try. Why have the IPL, if your not going to pull players out of it in to the international scene

I think its fairly obvious that the IPL is used not to find talent for the national team.

Recently heard from Zaka Ashraf that Pakistan is having there own PPL, soon. It was OK with the IPL, but then came the Big Bash, SPL, BPL and now this. Too much for the good of cricket

Users who are viewing this thread