General Cricket Discussion

Doesnt England Cricket grounds have restrooms/bathrooms? What is the need to urinate in the ground?4 players in the ground and a couple of weeks ago, Mr.Panesar urinated in public. People love to urinate in the public, seriously? I never expected this from the Great Britishers! Very upset :mad

Terrible news for Mitchell Starc that he has lower back fractures.

The queue ahead of Mitchell Johnson for an Ashes test spot is diminishing by attrition.

Bad luck for Starc, but as an Aussie fan I'm not too concerned! Australia have a buttload of fast bowlers that could do a job: Johnson being option #1. There's also Hilfenhaus, Jackson Bird, Chadd Sayers, James Faulkner, younger possibles like Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Coulter-Nile or Gurinder Sandhu. If injuries got worse you'd see guys like Clint McKay, Doug Bollinger, John Hastings, Luke Butterworth, Trent Copeland. Stable's not empty yet!

Bad luck for Starc, but as an Aussie fan I'm not too concerned! Australia have a buttload of fast bowlers that could do a job: Johnson being option #1. There's also Hilfenhaus, Jackson Bird, Chadd Sayers, James Faulkner, younger possibles like Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Coulter-Nile or Gurinder Sandhu. If injuries got worse you'd see guys like Clint McKay, Doug Bollinger, John Hastings, Luke Butterworth, Trent Copeland. Stable's not empty yet!

Really weird what happened with Bollinger seems like he was discarded rather quickly. I'm a pretty big Johnson fan but I'm just not so sure about him in test cricket again, I know a lot of people have been impressed the way hes bowled with the white ball but hes always been a great ODI bowler. I do have a feeling they will go back to him though as hes pretty much a like for like replacement for Starc.

Bad luck for Starc, but as an Aussie fan I'm not too concerned!

Wow, how can u not be concerned about one of your better prospects getting a bad injury? Pattinson, cummins and starc must be your brighter prospects for the future, but they are all as brittle as old woman! That must be a long term concern.

^I would certainly like those guys to be able to stay fit! They are the future of Australian bowling. My reaction was an immediate short term view. I think Australia will be probably better with johnson than Starc.

ICC news : Reviews to be reset after 80 overs | Cricket News | Cricinfo ICC Site | ESPN Cricinfo
Nice move in my opinion. It is always tough to have just 2 reviews under your belt in test matches when the wickets are flat on most occasions expecting the batsmen to bat for long hours.

Not too bad I think. There was certainly pressure on the ICC to allow more reviews, and this is probably a good compromise. I still like the idea Tony Greig was a loud supporter of, that you don't lose a review on those umpire's call LBW decisions. Umpire's call means it was a 50-50, very close call - you shouldn't be penalised for being wrong on such a close call.

For those that use Willow.

Should I get the monthly subscription or the Blockbuster package? What's the better deal?

Users who are viewing this thread