General Music Thread

Blink have confirmed some dates for later in the summer over here in Europe, none of which are currently in the UK.

If I was to guess, I'd say they'd do Leeds/Reading, and not do a proper tour. They won't have their album out until Christmas 2010, or even into 2011 where they'll probably do a "stadium," tour.

I mean this is all my opinion, apart from the couple of confirmed dates. For future reference, Mark (the bassist) has his own website;

http://www.pickrset.com/markhoppus/

And ofcourse his twitter,

Mark Hoppus (markhoppus) on Twitter

Hope this helped you :)

I was actually a bit guttered they got back together tbh, I was really getting into +44

Went to see the Courteeners last night at Rock City. They were great. Had only heard of two of their songs before yesterday and the only reason I went was because a friend's brother couldn't come and she wanted to sell the ticket. They played a pretty long set but I thoroughly enjoyed. The support band, Detroit Social Club, were also really good. Overall well worth ?20 for ticket, bus and a bottle of coke.
Quality band and great live too. Saw them on Saturday at Liverpool uni and last December in Manchester, check out the albums, both class.

Yeah I thought Detroit Social Club were decent as well, never heard of them before but wouldn't be surprised if they made it.

I was actually a bit guttered they got back together tbh, I was really getting into +44

Meh, prefer AvA tbh. Love Marks voice, don't massively like Tom's but music-wise AvA are better.

Lets be honest, Blink over +44 and AvA anyday.

If I get enough money I may go and see Green Day again this year :). They are defo one of the top live bands in the world, incredible show and Billie Joe is a wonderful frontman.

If I get enough money I may go and see Green Day again this year :). They are defo one of the top live bands in the world, incredible show and Billie Joe is a wonderful frontman.

Watching them at Old Trafford Cricket Ground in the summer :)

Ryan Adams came back from hiatus recently, says he's gonna do a metal album. Been waiting for this for 7 years. His Alternative Rock album "Rock n Roll" was always my favourite. Will piss off most of his fans though as they only like his acoustic rock and alternative country.

I think this thread needs bumping tbh.

Got the new Arcade Fire and Klaxons albums. The Suburbs is a quality album, love every song, my fave is probs Modern Man.

Surfing the Void is a bit hit and miss though. I like a few songs, but I think there are quite a few shite ones in there too though.

muzzik

have you listen eminem's love the way you lie. I found it great

Last edited:
Really into some British tunes right now. Can people recommend some of their favourite British bands/albums?

Really into some British tunes right now. Can people recommend some of their favourite British bands/albums?

Everything by Arctic Monkeys
Strokes - Is This It
Libertines
Blur
The Klaxons' first album

Few more bands I quite like:

Two Door Cinema Club
Foals (but lots of people don't)
Bombay Bicycle Club

Users who are viewing this thread