General Music Thread

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Blink have confirmed some dates for later in the summer over here in Europe, none of which are currently in the UK.

If I was to guess, I'd say they'd do Leeds/Reading, and not do a proper tour. They won't have their album out until Christmas 2010, or even into 2011 where they'll probably do a "stadium," tour.

I mean this is all my opinion, apart from the couple of confirmed dates. For future reference, Mark (the bassist) has his own website;

http://www.pickrset.com/markhoppus/

And ofcourse his twitter,

Mark Hoppus (markhoppus) on Twitter

Hope this helped you :)

I was actually a bit guttered they got back together tbh, I was really getting into +44

PhilD123

International Coach
Went to see the Courteeners last night at Rock City. They were great. Had only heard of two of their songs before yesterday and the only reason I went was because a friend's brother couldn't come and she wanted to sell the ticket. They played a pretty long set but I thoroughly enjoyed. The support band, Detroit Social Club, were also really good. Overall well worth ?20 for ticket, bus and a bottle of coke.
Quality band and great live too. Saw them on Saturday at Liverpool uni and last December in Manchester, check out the albums, both class.

Yeah I thought Detroit Social Club were decent as well, never heard of them before but wouldn't be surprised if they made it.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I was actually a bit guttered they got back together tbh, I was really getting into +44

Meh, prefer AvA tbh. Love Marks voice, don't massively like Tom's but music-wise AvA are better.

Lets be honest, Blink over +44 and AvA anyday.

Magz

Club Cricketer
If I get enough money I may go and see Green Day again this year :). They are defo one of the top live bands in the world, incredible show and Billie Joe is a wonderful frontman.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
If I get enough money I may go and see Green Day again this year :). They are defo one of the top live bands in the world, incredible show and Billie Joe is a wonderful frontman.

Watching them at Old Trafford Cricket Ground in the summer :)

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Ryan Adams came back from hiatus recently, says he's gonna do a metal album. Been waiting for this for 7 years. His Alternative Rock album "Rock n Roll" was always my favourite. Will piss off most of his fans though as they only like his acoustic rock and alternative country.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I think this thread needs bumping tbh.

Got the new Arcade Fire and Klaxons albums. The Suburbs is a quality album, love every song, my fave is probs Modern Man.

Surfing the Void is a bit hit and miss though. I like a few songs, but I think there are quite a few shite ones in there too though.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
muzzik

have you listen eminem's love the way you lie. I found it great

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Really into some British tunes right now. Can people recommend some of their favourite British bands/albums?

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Really into some British tunes right now. Can people recommend some of their favourite British bands/albums?

Everything by Arctic Monkeys
Strokes - Is This It
Libertines
Blur
The Klaxons' first album

Few more bands I quite like:

Two Door Cinema Club
Foals (but lots of people don't)
Bombay Bicycle Club

Users who are viewing this thread