General Music Thread

Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater = gods.

Steven Wilson, John Petrucci, Jordan Ruddess and Mikael Akerfeldt especially.

Favourite Opeth album - Still Life.
Favourite PT album - In Absentia.
Favourite DT album - Images and Words.

Fav Opeth song - Demon of The Fall.
Fav PT song - Trains.
Fav DT song - probably The Glass Prison.

Do you like DevilDriver or Chimaira, they're both amazing bands.

And by the way, Simbazz, if you think Slipknot are crazy for wearing masks, then you should check out some Cannibal Corpse album covers (I don't listen to them much, though).

Last edited:
i like Chimaira, but have a bit of trouble forgiving Dez Farfarar for coal chamber lol, i stood next to Dez when watching Guns 'n' Roses at donnington last year, hes only about 5 foot, tiny guy

progressive, do i here a hint of opeth by any chance? the number 1 prog band on the planet at the moment (with porcupine tree a close 2nd)

and i love the fact that people think anyone who like heavy music has long hair lol, not me i have no hair (started loseing it at 19!!!! just like my dad!!!!)

Try 14month old pal ;) Honest.

And by the way, Simbazz, if you think Slipknot are crazy for wearing masks, then you should check out some Cannibal Corpse album covers (I don't listen to them much, though).

I get scared by Slipknot, by the sounds of it, i dont wanna check this Cannibal Corpse out :p

Oh and i'm quite worried,

Although Michael Buble is THE god when it comes to his type of music. His song - Home, is amazing, but Westlife has just covered it, and i quite like it, but they do that thing to songs, ruin the endings, MB has a soft, non-instrumental ending, what to Westlife do? They bring in the Opra type singers in the back! Either way i still like the Westlife type, but not as much as MB.

Last edited:
I've just realised I share the same birthday as Brandon Flowers. (June 21) :p:p

Eat your heart out Matt! :)

Damn, I was hoping it would send you in a pissed fit of envy. :(

I don't give a crap about Brandon Flowers.

On the subject, I share my birthday with a talking monkey who was convicted of sexual abuse (think it was).

4th of July, check it out on Wiki.

anybody else like The Subways. The band is awsome anybody who hasn't heard their music should it's pretty good stuff.

At the moment; Foals, Metronomy, Black Kids, The Wombats and Joy Division have been on repeat for about a week.
^^.

anybody else like The Subways. The band is awsome anybody who hasn't heard their music should it's pretty good stuff.

You are a legend.

Lazlo Bane - Superman is what's being played by me most at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread