General Music Thread

Let's get a little more negative and talk of bands we hate. For me its The Hoosiers.

bands i hate? limp bizkit aqnd all of the rest of the rap roack crap (RATM excluded as Zake de la rock is a legend)

I hate Pop Punk. What people say is Punk when it's Pop Punk pisses me off as well. How half of the bands around today can be compared to Blink and The Clash is a shambles.

Skillet!!! What a band!

How good is Timberland ft. oneRepublic!! man, thats a good song!

The Clash define(d) punk. I'm with Animator in the sense that I hate all these little twats who think they are punk when they are just no better than Busted.

Bands like Weezer and Emo n00bs like Fallout Boy; I could urinate on them all.

I'll tell you who I wouldn't urinate on though, The Wombats and Pull Tiger Tail.

The Wombats are pant wettingly good. Fantastic live act as well. Worth the trips to Liverpool to see them play Bars. However they've just embarked on a bigger tour, so I'll be seeing them at The Waterfront in December XD.

Everyone is playing Wombats on their mobile phones in college. As much as I love em, I wish people would use some damn headphones!

And I forgot how much I loved Muse as well until I bought Q earlier. I love Muse. What supreme legends.

And i'll finish this;

Tom Meighan > Any Emo frontman ever no arguing. Emo is gay.

Emo frontmen are shite as well. You need to blind arrogance or something special to be a good frontman. Meighan/Gallagher portray the arrogance that makes them brilliant frontmen, and Ian Curtis was just a once in a lifetime.

I love it when Emo's get bottled.

Random but true. Good old England and it's yobs; Best in the world!

And i'll finish this;

Tom Meighan > Any Emo frontman ever no arguing. Emo is gay.

I'll start it back up again, with the line that you're wrong. Meighan is nothing more than a 3rd rate Gallagher wannabe.

I won't stick up for the bed wetters that make up the 'emo' scene these days, as the music is staid, formulaic and really pushes it luck to even be called music but if you were to delve deeper into the genre origins and in particular post hard core of the mid 80's (which could be considered the origins of 'emo') you'll stumble across front men with far more presence, charisma and credibility.

Thing is, Emo these days wont sell, so bands that where once classed "emo," are now more pop punk.

Fall Out Boy are a classy example, they started out somewhat emo, now more poppy to sell singles!

I dont understand why people say bands are emo, when they clearly aren't. Matt you said Fall Out Boy where Emo, they aren't.

I think Indie is possibly the worst class of music i've heard, i'd rather sit and listen to death metal or a cat scratching its nails on a blackboard. Although scarily i do like the song Mr. A!

Best thing im listening to at the moment? Probably Skillet! But Tenacious D are still emmense!

Fallout Boy are about as Emo as you can get. Just listen to the way the little fat ginge one with mutton chops sings; Emo. I hate it.

I think Indie is possibly the worst class of music i've heard
Someone needs to listen to more music:p. You gotta love bands like the Arctic Monkeys, The Fray, The Kooks, The Killers and others. The Fray are incidentally, playing in Manchester tonight, I so wish I'd have got tickets!:(

Agree with Stu on "I'm No Superman", he sent it me earlier on in the week and its quality!

Someone needs to listen to more music:p. You gotta love bands like the Arctic Monkeys, The Fray, The Kooks, The Killers and others. The Fray are incidentally, playing in Manchester tonight, I so wish I'd have got tickets!:(

Agree with Stu on "I'm No Superman", he sent it me earlier on in the week and its quality!

With so many groups, how can they still be called Indie? :p

Users who are viewing this thread