General Music Thread

Ian Brown > Serge Pizzorno > Everyone else.

Ian Brown is fantastic, watched a performace from T in the Park and he was magnificent, especially considering he only sang for about 30 seconds of the 5 minute performance. Now listening to Keep What You Got feat Noel Gallagher. He is brilliant.

I really don't understand how people find death metal listenable (is that a world? lol)

Pumps me up. I just like fast music, and the growling is pretty much the only thing except screaming that suits it.

You guys in here need to listen to Digital Bath by Deftones, it's a stunning song. I would post a link but i'm not allowed? Youtube will probably have it.

I hope you're into Black Dahlia Murder, Amon Amarth and Pantera, man.

i like all 3 as a matter of fact.
seen Black Dahlia murder live twice in the last year, saw amon amarth supporting dimmu dorgir in manchester 3 weeks ago and saw pantera back in the day on the reinventing the steel tour with Satyricon. Pantera are my fave band of all time by a country mile, R.I.P Dimebag.

As far as I'm concerned, Death Metal is associated with Satanism (if that's a word, cba to check)

Plus, the people who listen to it aren't the sort of people I'd hang out with. I find that it has no rhythm, the 'artists' have no talent in any field and is just 'ugly'.

In one word - crap. But that's just my opinion

As far as I'm concerned, Death Metal is associated with Satanism (if that's a word, cba to check)

Plus, the people who listen to it aren't the sort of people I'd hang out with. I find that it has no rhythm, the 'artists' have no talent in any field and is just 'ugly'.

couple of points against that,

firstly, satanism?!?!?!?!? what excatly are you basing that on? your views on something you obviously have know knowledge about, because if you did you would find bands like Mortification, Ethereal Scourge, Die Happy and Tourniquet who are all devout Christians!!!!!! their are many more bands as well!
there are bands such as Deicide who people claim are Satanist, but are in fact just anti-christian!
their are a number of BLACK metal bands who use a satinism slant, mostly from scandanavia in the early/mid 90's but to claim an entire genre of music is 'associated with Satanism' is a compleatly obserd statment!

and 'the people who listen to it aren't the sort of people I'd hang out with' is a little strange, you pick your friends on peoples choice of musical entertainment? you probable know people who listen to metal anyway, their not lepers you know, i know people who work in clothing stores, managers for ikea and the Co-op, oh yes, AND THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH NEXT TO MY HOUSE! he clearly must be a satanist as well! working in a church and all.

' I find that it has no rhythm' - some of the greatest drummers to ever grace this planet have no rhythm, a type of music which is based around the riff, a repetative melody based on the rythem of the guitars and bass!

the 'artists' have no talent im not even bother pointing out stupidly talented guitarist such as Michael Amott, Andreas Kisser, Peter Lyse Hansen, Jack Owen or Ralph Santolla, ill give you 10 years to pratice and then we can see if you can play a Andreas Kisser solo

the only thing in that post which i wont argue with is the statment
In one word - crap as that is an entirely opinion based think to say. but to claim its satanic, has no rythem or talent is closed minded obserdaty (and that defo isnt a word)

Last edited:
couple of points against that,

firstly, satanism?!?!?!?!? what excatly are you basing that on? your views on something you obviously have know knowledge about, because if you did you would find bands like Mortification, Ethereal Scourge, Die Happy and Tourniquet who are all devout Christians!!!!!! their are many more bands as well!
there are bands such as Deicide who people claim are Satanist, but are in fact just anti-christian!
their are a number of BLACK metal bands who use a satinism slant, mostly from scandanavia in the early/mid 90's but to claim an entire genre of music is 'associated with Satanism' is a compleatly obserd statment!

and 'the people who listen to it aren't the sort of people I'd hang out with' is a little strange, you pick your friends on peoples choice of musical entertainment? you probable know people who listen to metaol anyway, their not lepers you know, i know people who work in clothing stores, managers for ikea and the Co-op, oh yes, AND THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH NEXT TO MY HOUSE! he clearly must be a satanist as well! working in a church and all.

' I find that it has no rhythm' - some of the greatest drummers to ever grace this planet have no rhythm, a type of music which is based around the riff, a repetative melody?

the 'artists' have no talent im not even bother pointing out stupidly talented guitarist such as Michael Amott, Andreas Kisser, Peter Lyse Hansen, Jack Owen or Ralph Santolla, ill give you 10 years to pratice and then we can see if you can play a Andreas Kisser solo

the only thing in that post which i wont argue with is the statment
In one word - crap as that is an entirely opinion based think to say. but to claim its satanic, has no rythem or talent is closed minded obserdatey (and that defo isnt a word)

Maybe not all bands but many of them do certainly have themes of satanism.

I didn't say I based my friends on the kind of music they listen to because, lets face it, a lot of them have bad taste. I meant that sometimes some of the people I wouldn't hang out happen to listen o that sort of stuff.

Of course, my post was from my experience after listening to bands such as Slipknot so i don't know why you're taking it so personally.

If your only experience of Hip-Hop was 50 Cent and basically everyone on Channel U, you wouldn't exactly give it a glowing review would you?

seriopusly, hardly any bands have themes of satanism, very few, anf if your experience of metal is only slipknot than i feel bad for you, are they are a truly terrible band who look like a bunch of spanners. so yes i can understand you not likeling them, i actualy applaud it.

but as for hip-hop, i grew up when the beastie boys and cypress hill were at their peak, i like my hip-hop, i work in a music studio so i have to listen to most types of music

haha, Slipknot are so bad, and they actually scare me! Them masks are dam scary.

They wear masks? I just thought they were extremely ugly.

That would Black Metal.

Believe me man, I'm completely normal, not with absolutely long hair and not obsessed with death and all of that stuff. My music tastes hardly come out when I'm with my mates, because I know they don't like it.

And LOL, if you think Slipknot is Death Metal.

Also, I don't only listen to death metal, I listen to mostly other genres like practically anything to do with Progressive (rock, metal and others), I just stated some Death Metal I listen to because Lancashire listened to Death Metal.

Peroid.

progressive, do i here a hint of opeth by any chance? the number 1 prog band on the planet at the moment (with porcupine tree a close 2nd)

and i love the fact that people think anyone who like heavy music has long hair lol, not me i have no hair (started loseing it at 19!!!! just like my dad!!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread