General Music Thread

It is indeed a tune Matt.

Anyone heard of The Dead 60s?

That was The Rakes and that song was on Fifa 06 ;) The Dead 60s did 'Riot Radio' and 'You're Not The Law'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah Riot Radio! That's the one.

The Rakes' best track is the Only Fools and Horses tune that they did on Barry.

Oh hang on, that might have been the rifles. :/

Last edited:
X Factor contestant = Not talented enough to get a contract properly so sells out so as to get a bit of TV fame. End of debate.

Did you even watch the video ? He is a fantastic performer and has a great voice, he is definetly good enough to get a contract normally. X Factor is just the easiest way to get into the music business as a performer now-a-days And you're telling me that Leona Lewis isnt good enough to be a professional singer ? If so, you're an idiot, she has an amazing voice.

X Factor contestant = Not talented enough to get a contract properly so sells out so as to get a bit of TV fame. End of debate.

I repeat.

No matter how good he is, he'll get one single that reaches number 37 in the charts and he'll disapear off the face of the earth.

Leona Lewis? Is that the big boned Scottish one?

Last edited:
You dont have to be talented to be in this music business anymore. You just have to know the right people or have the right image.

I'm sorry, your statements are becoming ludicrous now. Leona Lewis, last years winner, got x-mas number one, as expected with an X Factor winner, but then has waited until now to release her 2nd single and her first album. I've not listened to her album, but if Bleeding Love is anything to go by, the standard is extremely high. She has an amazing voice, sounds very similar to Mariah Carey, and i'd say was almost on a par with her. I dont care that she was from X-Factor, she is a marvelously talented singer. Rhydian could be very similar i feel, although he could be more suited to Opera singing and stage work, as opposed to a recording artist. You cannot deny the talent that the winner's of X-factor and Pop Idol have. Look at Will Young, 3 successful albums, Leona has done very well. Michelle McManus doesnt count though :P.

Which one is Leona Lewis? What was her Christmas number 1?

I don't deny there talent, but I do deny there longevity. About 95% of them are flash in the pans with Girls Aloud and Will Young being the exceptions. And I don't even know where Will Young has gone either.

Users who are viewing this thread