General Music Thread

Very few borrow the occasional joke from other comedians but I think you'll find they are the less reputable ones. I know for a fact that Lee Evans' stand up acts are all 100% his work. As are Gervais', Kay's, Moran's, Spikey's, O'Hanlans's etc.

All the rumours about "oh so and so just copies what this comedian did ages ago" aren't true. Particularly in observational comedy; More than one comedian might use the same reference in their act but that doesn't mean they've nicked it, it means they've both picked up on an every day event that they feel the audience can associate with.

And errr.....music and all that.

Kay's arent. Most of his stuff is, but he did "borrow" some stuff from Dave Spikey, the guy from 9 out of 10 cats and Pheonix Nights.

I still fail to see how you feel that Sinatra and Elvis n00bs and musically talentless. They are widely regarded as 2 of the greatest performers the world has ever seen, yet being called musically talentless by someone on a cricket forum. Make's me laugh somewhat.

Also, Leona can be looked on as someone with talent, she wrote all the songs on her album herself. She's not just the typical x-factor song stealer.

I still fail to see how you feel that Sinatra and Elvis n00bs and musically talentless. They are widely regarded as 2 of the greatest performers the world has ever seen, yet being called musically talentless by someone on a cricket forum. Make's me laugh somewhat.
Somewhat!

I think it disqualifies Matt from talking about music full stop!

I think you'll find it was Animator who called them musically talentless.

I called them creatively n00by and they are, because they don't create their own stuff. I haven't once criticized their singing ability or level of performance because i'm not that stupid. Start reading what i've posted not what you want me to have posted.

Did i quote YOU in that post ? No. The first part of the post was related to your post, but then i started a new paragraph for a different topic. If i said: Matt you're an idiot for calling them musically talentless, then you have the right to have a go, but i didnt. So it should be you who should start reading what i've posted, and not presume that every post i make has direct relevance to you. That is all.

Anyone been listening to Zane Lowe's masterpieces on Radio 1 so far this week? 4 masterpiece albums will/have been played in full with no interuptions at 8:00. Monday night Zane played 'Nirvana - Nevermind' and yesterday he played 'Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not'. Two quality albums, especially enjoyed listening to Nirvana's album. Tonight is 'The Strokes - Is this it' and the final album is 'Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV'. Anyone been listening to it?

Anyone been listening to Zane Lowe's masterpieces on Radio 1 so far this week? 4 masterpiece albums will/have been played in full with no interuptions at 8:00. Monday night Zane played 'Nirvana - Nevermind' and yesterday he played 'Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not'. Two quality albums, especially enjoyed listening to Nirvana's album. Tonight is 'The Strokes - Is this it' and the final album is 'Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV'. Anyone been listening to it?

I haven't, but do own all of the albums you mention.

Actually, for my money, Nirvana's best album is In Utero. As good as Nevermind still sounds, it's maybe slightly overproduced. Too shiny.

A bit of a question...

I am a big Chili Peppers fan, like the funk rap kinda guitary stuff (like The Power of Equality, Give It Away, Scar Tissue, Road Trippin' and Throw Away Your Television) I am also into Silvechair, though defiently not as much as RHCP. My friend who also likes RHCP is into the old rock like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Dire Straits. I am not really into the heavy stuff, like metal kinda yelling stereotype. What would you recommend buying? I have about $20 to spend on my iTunes card.

Thanks

It's not the stuff I sually listen to but I really like the song they use on soccer am for the skill school section, played it a few times recently

A bit of a question...

I am a big Chili Peppers fan, like the funk rap kinda guitary stuff (like The Power of Equality, Give It Away, Scar Tissue, Road Trippin' and Throw Away Your Television) I am also into Silvechair, though defiently not as much as RHCP. My friend who also likes RHCP is into the old rock like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Dire Straits. I am not really into the heavy stuff, like metal kinda yelling stereotype. What would you recommend buying? I have about $20 to spend on my iTunes card.

Thanks

If you like a bit of funk/rap metal you might want to check out Faith No More. Thanks to the miracle that is YouTube here's Epic.

Or if you fancy something a little harder there's the recently reformed Rage Against The Machine. Definitely rap/funk orientated, but angry and loud too. Again, from YouTube: Killing In The Name. Language on this song gets a little fruity, so be warned.

Or if you want something altogether mellower, try Crazy Town's Butterfly, which actually samples RHCP's Pretty Little Ditty from their Mother's Milk album.

Mob, do you listen to any songs that have words ? You've posted 2 songs, neither have had lyrics in any form. I would get so bored listening to that on my iPod.

Yes, yes I do.

sd - that was headbanging, not moshing.

If you like a bit of funk/rap metal you might want to check out Faith No More. Thanks to the miracle that is YouTube here's Epic.

Or if you fancy something a little harder there's the recently reformed Rage Against The Machine. Definitely rap/funk orientated, but angry and loud too. Again, from YouTube: Killing In The Name. Language on this song gets a little fruity, so be warned.

Or if you want something altogether mellower, try Crazy Town's Butterfly, which actually samples RHCP's Pretty Little Ditty from their Mother's Milk album.

Ok thanks. I will hope for some more replies as well.

:cheers

Mob, do you listen to any songs that have words ? You've posted 2 songs, neither have had lyrics in any form. I would get so bored listening to that on my iPod.

dont ever listen to the band pelican then lol
their a totally instrumental Atmospheric rock band who play very long songs, sometimes about 11 minutes. they are absolutly stunning and one of the best live bands ive ever seen (at south by south west festival in texas last year), but if you cant listen to instrumental music you will compleatly hate it lol IMO they are one of the best rock bands on the planet at the moment.

think ill listen to their Australasia album right now

Users who are viewing this thread