General Music Thread

Niv

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anybody listen to Franz Ferdinand much?

I've started to warm to their music a lot more.. I like some of their newer stuff a lot.

I like them, but not their latest stuff. No You Girls sucks unfortunately.

Another question to y'all music lovers.

Does anybody like 80's synth pop? Classic Depeche Mode, New Order, etc.?

Or is it just me.. :(

*raises hand*

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India

I gotta feelin'- Korean Parody

Last edited by a moderator:

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anybody going to the Big Day Out in January? Just bought my tickets for the Sydney show :D

Gonna' be off the hook.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
It's music festival time here in Australia and I'm off to my first on Australia Day, Big Day Out, where I'm sure there'll be a few jealous guys on here to learn that I'll be getting the pleasure of seeing, to name a few, Muse, Kasabian, Grinspoon, Decemberists, Mars Volta, Calvin Harris, Dizzee Rascal and even Lily Allen (I don't get why everyone loves her tbh).

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
^ I'd go to Soundwave just to see The Almost to be honest. But meh', going to the BDO is way better. Muse & Dizzee Rascal FTW.

Thinking about getting tickets for the Future Music Festival 10' but if none of my mates are going then I might just stay home. Really wanna' see The Prodigy again live.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
^ I'd go to Soundwave just to see The Almost to be honest. But meh', going to the BDO is way better. Muse & Dizzee Rascal FTW.

Thinking about getting tickets for the Future Music Festival 10' but if none of my mates are going then I might just stay home. Really wanna' see The Prodigy again live.
Yeah the BDO lineup this year is just ridiculous, definitely worth the $140

baggy_blogger

News Team Member
Dizzee Rascal haha, I think the way this bloke sounds, particularly on his one song 'Fix Up', is hilarious. Took a while to understand him although in the UK he's massive and he lays down 'a phat beat, ya know wot I'm sayin'!

The Prodigy are insane. Their stuff since Fat Of The Land hasn't been too impressive, but when I was in England last year I went to check Feeder at the Brixton Academy and the Prodigy had already sold out their gigs and I think they were performing like 4 or 5 months later! Shows how huge they still are. Well, atleast Liam Howlett, the main guy cause he does 95% of the work, can still put together an adrenaline rushed electro song.

At the moment listening to: INXS and Stereophonics quite a bit. Summer time stuff.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Ellie Goulding got the sound of 2010 :D Saw her a few weeks ago and going again in March.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Oh my god! BDO festival hits Sydney in two more days!

... and I got tickets to see Family Force 5 for only $40. Great stuff, great band.

baggy_blogger

News Team Member
I must admit I don't think Ellie Goulding is all that bad. Her first single was really catchy and a nice electronic pop song.

Listening to the Manic Street Preachers...notably 'Motorcycle Emptiness'. Vintage!

Users who are viewing this thread