General Questions Thread

Heres one
Peter Tarr (93751)

RH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and exceptional experience.

Part of the England squad
Plays For: Bulldogs CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 309,836
Wages: ?198,310 p/w
Processing ...
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: elite Concentration: elite
Bowling: woeful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: elite Processing ...

Heres one
Peter Tarr (93751)

RH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and exceptional experience.

Part of the England squad
Plays For: Bulldogs CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 309,836
Wages: ?198,310 p/w
Processing ...
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: elite Concentration: elite
Bowling: woeful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: elite Processing ...

I wonder what he is worth.

Yeah, I sometimes sweat a little at the thought of my players gathering ridiculous wages due to their fielding.

However, sometimes it's good.

I've got an opponent right now, his best batsman takes $17k. I can tell he's all primary for one because his record is only about the same as my $11k guy and secondly because this guy has only taken 2 catches in his 77 games.

When you train your players in fielding, you reap the benefits.

That is a shocking record.

That is not neccesarily true though. My best fielder, Hadland who has competent fielding has taken 10 catches in 30 matches. But then again the strike rate for my guy is a lot better than his.

Does seem to be true enough my worthless fielders have 1-2 catches in heaps of matches, how are the comparison between a comp to a superb?

I Did, I needed everything to match I was bored :p

That is a shocking record.

That is not necessarily true though. My best fielder, Hadland who has competent fielding has taken 10 catches in 30 matches. But then again the strike rate for my guy is a lot better than his.
That's not bad though, competent isn't all that high, so 1:3 is quite reasonable; it takes a lot of skill to get better than 1:2. I've got one player who is remarkable/strong/competent (F/Cs/Cc) and he's actually taken more catches than the number of matches he's played this season.

With that, remember that secondaries come into this. Good secondaries will get better fielding as well as better batting/bowling. I think having points in both secondaries is worth an extra 20% or so on a player who only has one good secondary. Plus there's that element of saving runs and making run outs, both hard enough to gauge. An even more mysterious element to fielding is that players actually register dropped chances. The BT boffins have suggested that they plan on making the game alert you when a chance has gone down.

In terms of this guy I was talking about, I think playing tier IV with a team that can't necessarily handle it probably wipes out a lot of catches, but even an awful fielder should expect to get better than 1 in 30.

The main point was that rushing the primary skill is nowhere near as important as putting all the skills together evenly.

That's not bad though, competent isn't all that high, so 1:3 is quite reasonable; it takes a lot of skill to get better than 1:2. I've got one player who is remarkable/strong/competent (F/Cs/Cc) and he's actually taken more catches than the number of matches he's played this season.

With that, remember that secondaries come into this. Good secondaries will get better fielding as well as better batting/bowling. I think having points in both secondaries is worth an extra 20% or so on a player who only has one good secondary. Plus there's that element of saving runs and making run outs, both hard enough to gauge. An even more mysterious element to fielding is that players actually register dropped chances. The BT boffins have suggested that they plan on making the game alert you when a chance has gone down.

In terms of this guy I was talking about, I think playing tier IV with a team that can't necessarily handle it probably wipes out a lot of catches, but even an awful fielder should expect to get better than 1 in 30.

The main point was that rushing the primary skill is nowhere near as important as putting all the skills together evenly.

If that feature was to come in than the game would seriously improve.

Exactly no one makes the real life national team if they can't field propely. Well maybe in India's case :p

Users who are viewing this thread