General Questions Thread

You could always change his bowling position

e.g. one of my players was horrible while bowling at 3, i moved him up to 1 and he has something like 5 5 wicket halls in OD for the season now.

Is my squad to big, considering @ my next financial update I will be -?148,996? I do however have a home FC and friendly match. My overall wages are ?13,833 on players and ?32,500 on staff. Any possible ideas to get me into the +ve. Maybe sell a few players. Remember I'm mainly bot bashing ;)

PHP:
 1. Vic Monk
2. Carlton Fletcher
9. Hamish Beattir
10. Fitz Thompson
11. Dean Sandwith
12. Everett Hawkins
13. Francis Partridge
14. Leigh Vuyisa
15. Bobby St. hubbins
16. Ron Thorpe
17. Derek Heskey
18. Mike Barton
19. Philip Deon
20. Ray Lunn
21. Tony Mpho
22. Toby Stack
23. Dirk Bolder
31. Joe Challinor
32. Chris Hughes
33. Ray Stanford
34. Jay Swanepoel
35. James Reed
36. Steven Radcliffe
37. Mitchell Cornwall
38. Travis Bancroft
39. Noel Tolley
40. Ciaran Haldane
41. Ed May

Is it possible to get defensive/cautious bowlers to take more wickets i.e change the aggression levels? I have tried attacking but it doesn't seem to do much and don't really want to go to very attacking unless I know it works.

Yes it's possible very attacking will increase the chances of a wicket but it tires the bowler out more quickly so I would not use it on a bowler with mediocre or less stamina. Bowlers seem to perform best on an aggression which goes with their personality i.e steady-normal aggression, cautious-defensive etc

I usually keep my cautious/defensive guys on normal, defensive sounds like it doesn't get anymore wickets than on normal.

You could always change his bowling position

e.g. one of my players was horrible while bowling at 3, i moved him up to 1 and he has something like 5 5 wicket halls in OD for the season now.

I gave that a brief go, but looking at it my bowler seems more suited to the 3 spot. I had him opening but he seemed to get smashed.

Last edited:
Is my squad to big, considering @ my next financial update I will be -?148,996? I do however have a home FC and friendly match. My overall wages are ?13,833 on players and ?32,500 on staff. Any possible ideas to get me into the +ve. Maybe sell a few players. Remember I'm mainly bot bashing ;)

PHP:
 1. Vic Monk
2. Carlton Fletcher
9. Hamish Beattir
10. Fitz Thompson
11. Dean Sandwith
12. Everett Hawkins
13. Francis Partridge
14. Leigh Vuyisa
15. Bobby St. hubbins
16. Ron Thorpe
17. Derek Heskey
18. Mike Barton
19. Philip Deon
20. Ray Lunn
21. Tony Mpho
22. Toby Stack
23. Dirk Bolder
31. Joe Challinor
32. Chris Hughes
33. Ray Stanford
34. Jay Swanepoel
35. James Reed
36. Steven Radcliffe
37. Mitchell Cornwall
38. Travis Bancroft
39. Noel Tolley
40. Ciaran Haldane
41. Ed May
Well, if you are bot bashing you could yes. But it wont give you that much money seeing your best is a Comp/Comp. :p

@ Highlander Just sell/fire some of the useless crap, anything less than med/med/med

@ Syl are you sure when he opened he didnt close as well, because that would be why his figures finished horribly

You can probably sack a quarter of your team, just don't expect it to save you a quarter of your wages.

Dont fire him! He is better then a lame ole Med/Med/Med.

You know what. I'm gonna keep him. Sorry Griffo. He has just done too much for me esepcially in 20/20. I'm too sentimental :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread