Getting ball to bounce of the pitch with drives

I think it's a combination of factors. Not only is the timing/footwork requirements so strict for human players, but also as I touched upon in another thread, the AI is just too damn consistent. Under normal circumstances, the AI either makes a poor contact with bad footwork, or more often than not, a perfect contact with perfect footwork. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground, and this pattern repeats even right down the order.

So to 'fix' this, the timing/footwork window needs to be adjusted (I think its been confirmed that Big Ant are looking into that), but in addition to this the AI needs to have a more varied degree of consistency.

We have a lot of elements to look through on this one right now, there's more than 6 months of tweaks to systems that we have to go over with a fine tooth comb to make sure we can pinpoint what is potentially not working as intended and why certain parts are and certain parts may not be.

We also have to be sure not to make changes hastily in case other elements end up broken due to a change. There's deep systems at work that we have to finely tune if anything is to go ahead.

We're looking into it and taking everyone's posts and videos into account, we'll update in due time once we have looked into this enough to get answers as to what is going on.

Thanks hbk and bigant for doing this. really appreciate all the effort you guys are putting.A huge kudos from me!!!

We have a lot of elements to look through on this one right now, there's more than 6 months of tweaks to systems that we have to go over with a fine tooth comb to make sure we can pinpoint what is potentially not working as intended and why certain parts are and certain parts may not be.

We also have to be sure not to make changes hastily in case other elements end up broken due to a change. There's deep systems at work that we have to finely tune if anything is to go ahead.

We're looking into it and taking everyone's posts and videos into account, we'll update in due time once we have looked into this enough to get answers as to what is going on.

If it makes it any easier, man, I'm on the PS3. There's only 2 patches to consider, from that perspective.

If it makes it any easier, man, I'm on the PS3. There's only 2 patches to consider, from that perspective.

You can guarantee that for each patch there will be many more internal test builds in between. When he says going through 6 months of changes, it'll take into account every change they made, whether they made it to the final patches or not. They need to pinpoint exactly when the issue started to occur, so it's certainly no easy task. It's also why they need as much constructive information from us as possible, as it can help them try to pinpoint it based on their knowledge of the changes they've applied.

If it may help i guess a lot of us here would be more than willing to beta test through steam if needed during the process.

You can guarantee that for each patch there will be many more internal test builds in between. When he says going through 6 months of changes, it'll take into account every change they made, whether they made it to the final patches or not. They need to pinpoint exactly when the issue started to occur, so it's certainly no easy task. It's also why they need as much constructive information from us as possible, as it can help them try to pinpoint it based on their knowledge of the changes they've applied.
Indeed, this is all too correct. We have tweaks, new processes and systems, re-worked elements and animations that have all gone in since release. So there's a lot of stuff that we are having to wade through to check if and what has been changed to present differences. Patch 1-Patch 2 isn't really a thing in our eyes as so little was changed from a functionality point of view, it was mainly bug fixes so we're basically working from the base of the released game and going forward from there checking every element that has gone into all patches and fixes that we've applied.

We'll narrow it down, it'll just take us a bit of time to truly find the root cause. Everything that has been put up here has been a massive help and the videos are even more so as it helps give us a tangible effect to show our programmers of what is going on rather than having to explain one thing or another.
If it may help i guess a lot of us here would be more than willing to beta test through steam if needed during the process.
Depending on the time to get it in I'd assume it'll be on Steam first then we can know to go ahead with it for a patch.

Indeed, this is all too correct. We have tweaks, new processes and systems, re-worked elements and animations that have all gone in since release. So there's a lot of stuff that we are having to wade through to check if and what has been changed to present differences. Patch 1-Patch 2 isn't really a thing in our eyes as so little was changed from a functionality point of view, it was mainly bug fixes so we're basically working from the base of the released game and going forward from there checking every element that has gone into all patches and fixes that we've applied.

We'll narrow it down, it'll just take us a bit of time to truly find the root cause. Everything that has been put up here has been a massive help and the videos are even more so as it helps give us a tangible effect to show our programmers of what is going on rather than having to explain one thing or another.
Depending on the time to get it in I'd assume it'll be on Steam first then we can know to go ahead with it for a patch.

I'm so glad you guys are looking at this. I don't mean to be disrespectful but I can't believe you never noticed it. I wanted to remind myself what batting with no triggers was like before patch 2 so I decided to delete the game data to go back to the original game state (I'm on PS3 btw). OMG it was amazing to hit some drives into the ground. I could actually bat again dependant on what ball was delivered instead of, "right I can't hit it there or there or there because an infielder will catch me so I can only hit it there", I realised I have been premeditating every shot so I don't get caught by an infielder, since patch 2.

I recorded a video of some drives. So one is pre patch 2 and one is post patch 2, I batted in exactly the same manner in both videos, the difference is pretty massive I think you'll agree

Pre Patch 2

Post Patch 2

Interesting, great little bit of work there superfreddie!

I barely played the game with just patch 1 (and didn't have it pre-patch 1) so I never thought of this.

Great vid

Remember now could hit the ball into ground and over fielders and I am sure pre patches the non striker used to try and avoid the ball if hit to him

Users who are viewing this thread