Getting ball to bounce of the pitch with drives

ya still would be cool if we can hear something from ross @BigAntStudios on this, the faster this problem is acknowledged the faster it can be fixed.
For me apart from field settings, this would be next priority one that i would like fixed, also regarding Co-OP TBH i wouldn't mind if its moved to the next iteration, and the effort and resources are put into polishing these things, we cant miss something that we haven't seen right, as of now i just want the game polished a bit more, rather than having new features that may be bring another round of issues with themselves, so that we can enjoy what we already have to their fullest, just my opinion of-course.

Ok some info for @BigAntStudios and @HBK619 don't know if it will help but thought i might as well add it here, finally got the ball to actually hit the pitch coming of the bat of just pure drives, while playing at Legend difficulty as well as using All Time best teams.

One was a perfectly timed straight drive.It felt really good to time this shot, it was almost like a touch straight drive, i probably drove it in the late part of the ideal timing.

The other shot, i played really late and it actually dropped short of the bowler. These are not perfect like the AI drives, but the AI has more control over timing than us, so it would be fair to assume its there but just needs to be made more accessible to us.

SO from the videos its clear it is in the game, just needs a bit of tweaking to bring the grounded shots out, i think, after playing those shots, i thought i had found some holy grail of timing and tried to replicate it in other difficulty levels from veteran to rookie but was not able to, it seems the power or force departed by bat on ball in other levels is kind of high and makes it go uppish as well a long distance before touching the ground.

The only level im able to replicate this is in LEGEND difficulty, even there its kind of an anomaly, i have to find that really narrow window of LATE IDEAL timing, that too i have been able to do it only against spinners mostly due to me not being able to get that window with pace bowlers rather than it not being there i guess.

So ross it seems to be there in the system but just needs a tweak or 2 to make it more accessible to us, , can you guys please look into this.
Its probably just needs a bit broader window of timing and lesser power/force for these uppish shots that should do the trick.
would be great to hear something regarding this from you.

Last edited:
When your timing is perfect you should be able to hit the ball onto the deck within a foot or so. Both if these examples travel quite a way in the air.

ya they do still travel in air but at least this is the first time im actually seeing them hit the deck while im playing, if this is possible the solution should be just a few tweaks away, i mostly doubt that the force that player imparts on the shot is bit higher than what the ai imparts, just a wild guess.
Ross is the best person that can enlighten us on this regard.

Unless your timing is very bad the ball should, in theory, be played downwards toward the ground. I don't really see this happen. The ball sometimes leaves the bat at a strange angle and becomes airborne too easily. You should be able to hit a normal, well timed shot, without the triggers, that hits you ground just in front of the bat. It a real game these are often referred to on TV as 'crowd catches', because the ball strikes the ground so close to the bat, that it appears to the crowd, that it's a catch.

Last edited:
ya the AI is able to play some classy grounded drives and shots, so it should be possible to get it working to player too, my point with the above videos is at legend the uppishness is a bit reduced compared to others at certain times, its still far from those classy drives the AI nails, but maybe its something they can look at just trying to give as much input as possible from my end to BA, it may be use full or totally waste just thought i would add that extra bit of info too.

ya the AI is able to play some classy grounded drives and shots, so it should be possible to get it working to player too, my point with the above videos is at legend the uppishness is a bit reduced compared to others at certain times, its still far from those classy drives the AI nails, but maybe its something they can look at just trying to give as much input as possible from my end to BA, it may be use full or totally waste just thought i would add that extra bit of info too.

It's not. I play on Legend and the ball goes in the air consistently. In the videos you have shown you didn't time the shot well and that's why the ball dropped short of the bowler.

It's not. I play on Legend and the ball goes in the air consistently. In the videos you have shown you didn't time the shot well and that's why the ball dropped short of the bowler.
Yeah Agree with you its not about the difficulty level,I also play on Legend only...

Yeah Agree with you its not about the difficulty level,I also play on Legend only...

Im not saying that the shots are playing as they should be, just adding that there is a difference between the way it behaves on legend and other difficulties.They are still very much uppish in Legend, but on that in certain conditions as in like the above in the videos, can get it to ground unlike other difficulties were they would still be flying parallel to the ground, just adding that as feedback not saying that shots aren't uppish in legend, it is very much and needs tweaking.

Im not saying that the shots are playing as they should be, just adding that there is a difference between the way it behaves on legend and other difficulties.They are still very much uppish in Legend, but on that in certain conditions can get it to ground unlike other difficulties, just adding that as feedback not saying that shots aren't uppish in legend, it is very much.

You can hit shots along the ground if you botch the timing resulting in the ball falling short of the fielder/bowler. A well timed shot goes in the air just like it does in other difficulty levels.

You can hit shots along the ground if you botch the timing resulting in the ball falling short of the fielder/bowler. A well timed shot goes in the air just like it does in other difficulty levels.
That straight drive was pretty well timed enough to go to a boundary after bouncing of the pitch if we are talking about my timing.
there is certainly a wee bit difference between legend levels and other levels, still its very uppish and not realistic, what im getting at is in legend the power imparted on the ball seems to be reduced compared to other levels, which seems to give these results in those odd circumstances, its in no way accessible but can be made if ba can look into it and probably tweak that area, so that we get the more grounded shots.

What im saying this whole grounded drive thing is not there in any level, but maybe its just about peaking its little head a wee bit in legend levels, so maybe BA can look into it and pull it out.

AGAIN im not advocating that its not uppish in LEGEND it is very much uppish like all other levels and needs fixing.

That video is an anomaly at best(though reproducible) and but even that doesn't occur in other levels, so may be it may help BA to look into the issue or may be not that's that with the video nothing more.

That straight drive was pretty well timed enough to go to a boundary after bouncing of the pitch if we are talking about my timing.
there is certainly a wee bit difference between legend levels and other levels, still its very uppish and not realistic, what im getting at is in legend the power imparted on the ball seems to be reduced compared to other levels, which seems to give these results in those odd circumstances, its in no way accessible but can be made if ba can look into it and probably tweak that area, so that we get the more grounded shots.

AGAIN im not advocating that its not uppish in LEGEND it is very much uppish and needs fixing.

That video is an anomaly at best(though reproducible) and but even that doesn't occur in other levels, so may be it may help BA to look into the issue or may be not that's that with the video nothing more.

Ok understood, I don't know how the game plays at other difficulties as I have been playing on Legend from the start....Would be nice if the tweaking is done in Patch#3....

ya if they are going to do it it should be patch 3, though could be rolled to PC earlier through steam.

ya if they are going to do it it should be patch 3, though could be rolled to PC earlier through steam.
Yeah they can get the combo right for the files to be added to the Patch as they can work with the trial and error method..

So finally after buying the game, got my first 50 by career player on "pro" difficulty at age of 17, after a very poor show at 16 and still averaging around 10 as a batsman. Have to agree, this game is different and the feature of career player is so entertaining that I haven't tried other modes yet except few casual matches. Even after many failures, I was keen on getting this first 50.
Reason I am posting my achievement in this thread is, I have hardly found any bug yet in career mode, almost everything ran very smooth, the only thing that annoys me little is what grkrama pointed out, ball not bouncing on the pitch. I know I am still a beginner at this game and most of my dismissals are due to my lack of enough experience with this game, but some of the dismissals were because of this anomaly of ball not bouncing off the pitch after being hit. Because of this I try to avoid straight drives, all the time, but even when trying to find gap on offside, I have been caught.
Well still I would say this doesn't take away the amazing and entertaining experience overall this game gives, but yes as many users here say if this issue is fixed in next patch, it would be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread