Getting ball to bounce of the pitch with drives

I tried to get HBK to answer if they now acknowledged it as a problem since patch 2, but he never replied. I really hope they have looked into it because there are way too many people complaining about it for it not to exist.

I love the game and Patch 2 has fixed loads of things, but the batting is now not half as enjoyable for me. In order to make sure I don't get out I premeditate every shot to just one area of the field where I know there is no infielder, instead of reacting to the ball which is delivered. That makes batting not much fun, I've tried alternative strategies/buttons but they don't work for me.

I still enjoy batting. But I get angry when short cover takes a one handed catch, inches from the turf, every time I hit a full blooded drive.

I also find it odd that the close in fielders rarely take a catch. When you get hit by the short ball, they seem to let it drop before they go for it.

Mondy

I also find it odd that the close in fielders rarely take a catch. When you get hit by the short ball, they seem to let it drop before they go for it.

I have seen them take catches;) for reference
had posted this is in another thread
i was playing the 45 th over we were 305 or something i think , and see this vid
if it were not this field setup this moment wouldn't have happened.

To me fixing field settings will solve half the prob and the shot physics tweaked a bit esp with drives, would make it suitable and would avoid most of the anomalies.

When you get hit by the short ball, they seem to let it drop before they go for it.
have had a couple of gloved shots taken by in fielders i think normal ones that fly of the glove while defending

Last edited by a moderator:
i was playing the 45 th over we were 305 or something i think , and see this vid

To me fixing field settings will solve half the prob and the shot physics tweaked a bit esp with drives, would make it suitable and would avoid most of the anomalies.

have had a couple of gloved shots taken by in fielders i think normal ones that fly of the glove while defending

The reaction time and lack of fear of the in close fielders is ridiculous.

I've had occasions where I've absolutely nailed a drive, flick or sweep that has flown to the boundary. Watching the replay, the close in fielder is diving ful stretch to try and catch the ball instead of ducking and cowering for his life!

Have you seen any leg byes or byes?

Mondy

Hey HBK,

Just wanted to know if you have decided to fix this issue for patch 3. I think since you made this post a lot of people have been complaining about shots going way too uppish when no triggers are used.

I know its pretty much ruined my enjoyment of batting since patch 2 (on ps3 by the way). I always used no triggers as my go to safe kind of shot, I have tried alternatives like both triggers pressed but nothing seems to work and would love the no trigger shots to go back to pre patch 2 trajectory. I'm convinced its not a timing issue as I have played and experimented for hours.

Thanks for any info.
We are going to be looking into this over the next couple of weeks, I have spoken to the programmer in charge of this aspect of the game and he can't think of any reason why there'd have been a change.

But I am fine with seeing if there's something there that is causing issue. We'll weigh it all up and see if there's changes needed.

The reaction time and lack of fear of the in close fielders is ridiculous.

I've had occasions where I've absolutely nailed a drive, flick or sweep that has flown to the boundary. Watching the replay, the close in fielder is diving ful stretch to try and catch the ball instead of ducking and cowering for his life!

You know the really bizarre thing is if you hit the ball right at them the close fielders are useless. The ball just hits them and go to ground. Hit the ball 6 feet away, and they are suddenly supermen!

----------

We are going to be looking into this over the next couple of weeks, I have spoken to the programmer in charge of this aspect of the game and he can't think of any reason why there'd have been a change.

But I am fine with seeing if there's something there that is causing issue. We'll weigh it all up and see if there's changes needed.

It's good to hear. As you'd know though sometimes in programming, a seemingly innocuous change can have completely unintended results in other areas. The mystery of which can be baffling.

@HBK619 @BigAntStudios

Here's what im saying......The AI is able to play these kind of grounded shots bouncing of the pitch with just pure drive and its looks absolutely gorgeous, but as players we are never ever able to play a shot like this, i have tried even on rookie difficulty to see if its my timing faults, but always the ball is always flying parallel to the pitch however low it is , please look in to this, i certainly want to be able to play shots like these that the AI seems capable of.

AI drives

please help!

@HBK619 @BigAntStudios

Here's what im saying......The AI is able to play these kind of grounded shots bouncing of the pitch with just pure drive and its looks absolutely gorgeous, but as players we are never ever able to play a shot like this, i have tried even on rookie difficulty to see if its my timing faults, but always the ball is always flying parallel to the pitch however low it is , please look in to this, i certainly want to be able to play shots like these that the AI seems capable of.

AI drives

please help!

Perfect selections of shots and looks awesome as well...Surely need this change in Patch#3...Its just too much in the air as of now...

@HBK619 @BigAntStudios

AI drives

please help!

I've noticed this as well... I've become accustomed to hitting just about everything with both triggers held in, if I want to block a shot I release the left trigger, etc. Seems to work for me, I can get straight drives through for 4 now.

It would be awesome if they can fix the normal shots, so it only goes to air if your timing is horrid, etc.

I've noticed this as well... I've become accustomed to hitting just about everything with both triggers held in, if I want to block a shot I release the left trigger, etc. Seems to work for me, I can get straight drives through for 4 now.
I can score and play around using triggers aswell, i can even score on the normal straight drives, when timed and placed well, for me its more about getting the feel of the shots right more than anything, im not bothered about runs, but want to feel that classic drives going as they should be, when AI seems to be able to do that, there is no reason player shouldn't be able to.

The shots should bounce of the pitch and go like its for the AI.

Thats great news, thanks for listening HBK, really hope you sort it. Just a thought, could it have been a consequence of trying to get more carry through to the keeper in patch 2, more bounce creating uppish shots.

I can score and play around using triggers aswell, i can even score on the normal straight drives, when timed and placed well, for me its more about getting the feel of the shots right more than anything, im not bothered about runs, but want to feel that classic drives going as they should be, when AI seems to be able to do that, there is no reason player shouldn't be able to.

The shots should bounce of the pitch and go like its for the AI.

I totally agree, scoring is possible without using triggers, but the reason I play straight drives with both triggers pushed is because the bowler doesn't seem to stop it as often. I find that any shot I try play straight is stopped by the bowler, mid-on or mid-off when not using the triggers... most carrying just short of mid-on or mid-off.

It's funny. Playing in the V hasn't been done well by any recent cricket game. I'd had to put the straight shots away for IC10 and AC09 as there were way too many c&bs and DB14 seems to have the same problem (with the variation that the bowler is now dropping 90% of them but still not runs).
I only play in the V when there is no mid on/off and on the opposite side to the bowling side (and even then it goes straight to the bowler a lot).

It's funny. Playing in the V hasn't been done well by any recent cricket game. I'd had to put the straight shots away for IC10 and AC09 as there were way too many c&bs and DB14 seems to have the same problem (with the variation that the bowler is now dropping 90% of them but still not runs).
I only play in the V when there is no mid on/off and on the opposite side to the bowling side (and even then it goes straight to the bowler a lot).

I understand BA's problem though. Normally after delivery of the ball the bowler wouldn't, and wouldn't be allowed to run straight down the pitch. Naturally, a right handed bowler falls away to his left after the delivery, and isn't really in a position to take many wickets caught and bowled, being, as quite often in the case with a fast bowler, off balance. Quite often the bowler is so off balance the only way he can stop a straight drive is by sticking his size 11 boot out.
Because, at the moment with the game, it's too easy to hit the ball straight back towards the other stumps, the bowler has to be super human and stop many of the return deliveries, otherwise your score would be top heavy with straight shots for 4.
So I say the answer is to make it harder to hit straight shots, as in real life, and this will allow the bowler to make a more realistic exit off the pitch rather than ending in a face off with the batsman.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread