Getting ball to bounce of the pitch with drives

I've said it before, full length deliveries if timed right go along the ground. It's the good length deliveries that are harder to straight drive along the ground and quite right too.

This good enough?

Lol not at all are you trolling with me....

If this is what all of you call ball bouncing of straight drives then what are these

even i can hit those straight drives you have shown matt, thats not what i was talking about... im talking about classic drives that actually come of bat hit ground then bounce along, if anything your video has clear shown how the levitation spell works in the pitch and doesn't allow the ball to bounce of it even in the best timed shots.

nice try but you are not getting my vcash

Last edited by a moderator:
This good enough?

Sorry Matt, thats a crap example, it was pretty much a Yorker and a spinner, try a good length quick delivery using no triggers

I've said it before, full length deliveries if timed right go along the ground.

Actually they dont Zim, your lead to thinking its going along ground just because the bowler doesn't stop it and the nice efect of sound animation and then the ball strolling on the grass.

But right of the bat all the drives are gliding across the pitch .

Last edited:
Sorry Matt, thats a crap example, it was pretty much a Yorker and a spinner, try a good length quick delivery using no triggers

So again, what you're saying is that you want shots that shouldn't be played like that to be played that way.

Here's a better one, let's see a good delivery played into the pitch before the bowler like your saying, except find a few examples in Test Match footage. Straight drives towards the keeper only of course.

Even the ones matt showed were not bounding of the pitch and despite the deliveries being full, so as long as the bowler misses the ball and its low on the ground people are happy i guess.

Its like seeing a maglev ball when its travelling across the pitch.May be im the only one irked by it......#espanolevitatus

Lol not at all are you trolling with me....

If this is what all of you call ball bouncing of straight drives then what are these

even i can hit those straight drives you have shown matt, thats not what i was talking about... im talking about classic drives that actually come of bat hit ground then bounce along, if anything your video has clear shown how the levitation spell works in the pitch and doesn't allow the ball to bounce of it even in the best timed shots.

nice try but you are not getting my vcash

That's quite a nice vid for this, the Sachin one that is. The pattern of course is that the full deliveries, well timed, can be played into the pitch, but in the context of the game there's less followthrough in the shots that you'd get without the triggers. I think this again strengthens the case for a rebalance of the defensive trigger a bit, allowing for more pushing and in between a push and a drive, particularly for straight shots.

The shots that are closer to the triggerless shots, the ones with more follow through, tend to bounce after passing the other crease, or close to it, as you'd expect.

That's quite a nice vid for this, the Sachin one that is. The pattern of course is that the full deliveries, well timed, can be played into the pitch, but in the context of the game there's less followthrough in the shots that you'd get without the triggers. I think this again strengthens the case for a rebalance of the defensive trigger a bit, allowing for more pushing and in between a push and a drive, particularly for straight shots.
The real question is - was Sachin using the aggressive ground shot triggers?

Maybe it's my style of play. I play shots as late as I can in order to determine line and length, before the patch this was great as it would play the ball into the ground as it would in real life. After patch this same style of play using no triggers plays probably 80% of my shots uppishly.

On some of those may be but mostly not, most of those were proper drives, followthrough adjustments varies from player to player from shot to shot which cant be replicated in game due to animation system, but the way the ball goes of the bat can be.

Last edited:

Looks like he's just depressed the defensive trigger for a lot of them. Not a huge amount of followthrough on the ones into the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread