Good News I Have Found The Stroke Files!

Eddie

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good news guys i have found the stroke files in C2K5.

Now we can edit the power and direction of shots just like in C2K4.

Going to have my lunch will post details later. :cheers

Any particular shot people want editing?

This is what i already have in my mind that i think needs changing:

1. Bat-pads need to be less against the spinners.
2. Direction & power of all "6-hit" shots.
3. Power & direction of front foot straight shots.
4. More shots being able to be played behind square on both sides of the wicket.

Anyone who has a particular gripe about a shot plz post here.

Yeah, agree about the frontfoot straight drives mate, maybe a bit more direction area needed?
I've found that I can play six hit shots easier on the leg side (slog/sweep, lofted on drive) than I can to say the lofted cover drive and 6 hit straight drives (which always seem to go straight up in the air or to mid on/off for me).
I've got to say though that I haven't had the problem that some have had with the shots going in the same direction always. There's a definate variety in direction in most of the strokes for me.

Just mainly the regular straight/ on drive for me, in terms of both power and direction, and maybe a bit less power on the lofted on drive/ flick over midwicket. I haven't experienced any bat pads to the spinners, despite playing last Test on a dusty pitch.

The main issue for me isn't the power of the shots really, it's the speed of the outfield, if it rolls slowly through a gap in the infield it just keeps that speed all the way to the rope- that's what makes shots like the cover drive unrealistically profitable

I had thought of slowing the out field and making the shots more powerful..

that way the ball should pierce the infield ( past those fast fielders), and then pull up short of the boundary.

Did something similar to C2K4, and worked a treat.

Have you find out the way that how to put them back let us know?

Have an idea..going to test it later..

But first i have to work out which shots are which, some shots have like 4-5 variations....There are a lot of new shots i think.

I have found and identified so far:

- Forward defensives
- front foot leaves
- front foot straight drives
- front foot straight drive "6-hit"
- front foot on drives
- front foot on drive "6-hit"
- front foot cover drive
- front foot cover drive "6-hit"
- back foot cover drive
- advance straight drive
- leg glances
- hip glances
- sweep
- paddle sweeps
- sweep "6-hit"
- pull shots
- hook shots

Just to confirm that I have successfully edited a stoke file and been able to import it into the GOB file.

Step-by-step instructions:

1. Extract the GOB using BIG GUI program.
2. Find and export the BIG file which contains the stroke files (saf's)
3. Extract the BIG file.
4. Find and export the shots you want to edit.
5. Edit the shots.
6. Import the stoke files you edited back into the BIG file you exported in step 2.
7. Import the BIG file back into the GOB.
8. COMPRESS the BIG file.
9. FINISHED

There you go, sounds more tricky than it really is.

When you have the .big file you mentioned in step 6, is it possible to just put this in your \EA Sports Cricket 2005\ root folder similar to how it works with kits instead of needing to import it all back into the main data_pc.gob file?

When you have the .big file you mentioned in step 6, is it possible to just put this in your \EA Sports Cricket 2005\ root folder similar to how it works with kits instead of needing to import it all back into the main data_pc.gob file?

no idea..never tried..

I actually have a quicker way now, i have the BIG file stored in a folder , which i use for editing.

Problem is now, i have made shots go behind square on both sides of the wicket, and none of the default fields the AI uses have any fielder behind square, so runs flow a bit quick..

But, i have found the default fields and am going to go about editing them next.

can you edit the front foot cover drive as well. the speed of the outfield isnt bad but the shot power is very poor. is there any way you can put out a patch or something, il never be able to do it myself.

thats great news...one thing that i would love to see in this game is if someone could edit the code for the batsmen, so that we could still move him left or right after the ball marker is set ( like in BLIC )...i really wish

Users who are viewing this thread