Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
As soon as Massa came off and the Ambulances turned up I kind of lost interest in the 3rd Qualifying. Another complete freak accident, and it's good to hear that the operation on Massa's skull has gone okay.

Yesterday was a bit of a mess really after Massa's crash, but I don't think it was BBC's fault. Seeing as none of the drivers even knew where they were after the session says to me it was a fault in Hungary and not with the BBC. Lets hope the race has the usual drama but is a bit easier to follow than yesterday's Qualifying.

I missed yesterdays qualifying session as I was test driving new Audi Q5. Hope for speedy recovery of Massa. They say a week is long time in motor sport but last week has been really tragic one I will say.

I missed yesterdays qualifying session as I was test driving new Audi Q5.

Did you like it? I test drove it in April when I was looking for a new car and to be honest found it to be quite rubbish. Only the 2L turbo one is available here though and I dont think its worth its price (AED 169,000 at that time, thats about 46,000 dollars).

Game over for Alonso. Ironically its another wheel flying.

Did you like it? I test drove it in April when I was looking for a new car and to be honest found it to be quite rubbish. Only the 2L turbo one is available here though and I dont think its worth its price (AED 169,000 at that time, thats about 46,000 dollars).

It was beast. I could not fully check the car's performance off road as it was a demo car and but on road it performed beautifully. It has been launched as competitor to BMW X3 which has been in market for some time.

Look wise it was smaller Q7. The guy from Audi told it had 3L engine with 63 BHP of power advantage over X3. That's why it was so zippy. I was doing 140 kms in 60 km zone in just over 10 seconds by my count. BMW overall is better package even though it lacks in all departments because it handles superbly at high speeds and that is important in India.

Prise wise its 45 lakh here and thats 90,000 USD. So if you consider yours expensive what about this one? :p My friend actually wanted to buy this one and he still trusts my opinion even though last time we went shopping together and I bought him Storm instead of iPhone. I am recommending him Q5 though as I know he wont keep it for more than 1 year.

I hate Formula 1 when Lewis Hamilton wins a race. Alonso unlucky but it looks like they have a surprise for Valencia.

Cars here are cheaper than India for sure. I wouldn't say comparision with the X3 is a wise one. The X3 is horrible. I was planning to get the Murano initially which was 15,000 AED less than the Q5 at the time (with better service and maintenance package), but ended up going for a sedan in the Hyundai Genesis. Can't go offroad ofcourse but then the better option for day to day driving. Besides I wouldn't recommend either Q5 or Murano for offroad anyways. Even the X5 is a clumsy offroader.

I hate Formula 1 when Lewis Hamilton wins a race. Alonso unlucky but it looks like they have a surprise for Valencia.

Cars here are cheaper than India for sure. I wouldn't say comparision with the X3 is a wise one. The X3 is horrible. I was planning to get the Murano initially which was 15,000 AED less than the Q5 at the time (with better service and maintenance package), but ended up going for a sedan in the Hyundai Genesis. Can't go offroad ofcourse but then the better option for day to day driving. Besides I wouldn't recommend either Q5 or Murano for offroad anyways. Even the X5 is a clumsy offroader.

The reason why they got pole because they had half tank of fuel compared to everyone else, Alonso wont have no surprise. Renault are banned!

Excellent performance from Lewis

I was suprised that BBC interactive didn't look at the Alonso thing at all. I e-mailed them after the race saying did they think Alonso should have parked it as soon as he knew the wheel was loose and then they didn't have any time to discuss it.
Obviously my editorial instincts are better than theirs. ;)

In India X3 don't have competition. Thats why the comparison.

I also have to buy new sedan to replace my Accord. I love Civic because of its design and the fact it will be ideal one for modding. Any other suggestion. Wont buy Accord again. Skoda Superb is also on my radar.

Let's hope Massa makes a full recovery, but the doctors are doubtful about him driving in F1 again. :( It could've been worse though, look at Senna. He was hit by something in the head as well, wasn't he: a splinter or something?

Don't think Senna's was, something on Senna's car broke before the incident. It's just so strange to see two similar accidents in the space of a week. Unfortunately Henry Surtees wasn't as lucky as Massa. Lets hope Massa recovers well and will be able to race again someday.

Well there are a number of theories as to how Senna died, one of them being a wheel coming up and hitting his head just after impact with the wall, and the other describes him being impaled in the head. Both nasty, both deadly.

Very sad to hear what the doctors are saying, but I'm glad that what happened to Massa was this year and not maybe 5 -10 years ago, he might not have made it back then.

Michael Schumacher and David Coulthard being tipped as possible stand-ins for Massa this season. Marc Gene most likely though.

Don't think Senna's was, something on Senna's car broke before the incident. It's just so strange to see two similar accidents in the space of a week. Unfortunately Henry Surtees wasn't as lucky as Massa. Lets hope Massa recovers well and will be able to race again someday.

That is true, but the thing that actually killed him was a splinter piercing his helmet. If that spring had been a splinter instead, Massa could've gone the same way. Let's all hope that he can make some kind of recovery, but as for racing again, if he's having major vision problems, I can't see it.

Bring back Schumacher! How good would that be!

Not if he started winning everything in sight again.

Users who are viewing this thread