Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters

A_Whitey

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Such a disapponting end really. The Renualt is unlikely to break down in the next race, so Alonso, with all his childish whining, will win. I'd rather have had Schumi win, but there you go.

Sureshot

Executive member
Kev said:
Yep, thats what he said. I haven't been there myself so I can't say if its true or not :p

While I'll miss Suzuka next year, it is a track where you can't really overtake hopefully fuji will be an improvement on that front (although the decision has obviously been made on a commercial front not a track/facility front).

I doubt it is in a bad state tbh, Honda own the track, they'd almost certainly keep it up to a good level.

A_Whitey, Alonso may have been childilsh of late (not surprising I'd be annoyed in his position) but I think it's good that potentialy Michaels "Careless driving" at Monaco hasn't helped him to the title.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Thats true. While Alonso has probably come out and said a word too many at times, he has had another fantastic season where once again his consistency throughout the season has helped him.

I would also like to remind that Alonso also crashed out in similar fashion in the race before last which Schumy went on to win. So pretty much evens imo.

A_Whitey

Club Cricketer
Sureshot said:
A_Whitey, Alonso may have been childilsh of late (not surprising I'd be annoyed in his position) but I think it's good that potentialy Michaels "Careless driving" at Monaco hasn't helped him to the title.

Is that meant for Alonso or Schumi?

kuttakumar

International Coach
Looks like Schumi's chances of winning yet another world title is over.I think there is .00001 percent chance for Alonso to retire.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
kuttakumar said:
Looks like Schumi's chances of winning yet another world title is over.I think there is .00001 percent chance for Alonso to retire.
Well Alonso probably has a higher chance of a mechanical problem than Schumacher would have had at Suzuka so anything is possible.

Personally I think far too much is made of mechanical failures during a season. Everyone is going to get failures at one time or another during a season you cant really say an engine failure has cost Schumacher the title, especially when he could have easily been able to win at Monaco but chose a dubious parking strategy instead. Drivers in the past had many many more failures but still managed to secure titles (of course their competitors had failures too). It wasnt so long ago in Formula One that you got to drop 2 of your worst scores for the championship. This has actually penalised drivers in the past on a couple of occasions because they had to drop more points than a rival.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
kuttakumar said:

Next race is going to be the last one for the great career to come to an end.... So i am hoping Schumi only to win ( so that he finished his career with a win :) ) and nevr mind even Alonso comes second!!!

But also hope nothing goes wrong for Schumi next race :upray

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I have to say this has been one of the most exciting F1 seasons in a while, whenever it seems someone has the upper hand something happens to change everything, be it silly decisions by drivers or teams or even mechanical failures. I mean who would expect a Ferrari engine to blow, especially since MS's last engine failure in a race was back in the 2000 season.

Reflecting on all the events I wouldn't be surprised if the final race won't bring a twist of its own, i'm not wishing bad things upon Alonso or anything but you cant help but wonder if there isn't a final nasty twist on this season changing all our predictions.

Here's to Brazil!

Sureshot

Executive member
Remember the next 3 seasons will have the same engines for each car due to that (imo) intolerable engine development freeze rule.

kuttakumar

International Coach
Going off-topic from the championship discussion, I hope Rubens does well in his home race.I am not expecting him to win or get a podium, but I hope he can produce a top-5 result.

And the season is about to end up in no time.But in about 6 months time we will have a new season and once again the points will be set to zero for each and every driver and constructor.:)

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Not to pop your bubble or anything, but hasn't Rubens got one of the worst records of the successful drivers at their home race?

With his luck I honestly dont expect that too change much either.

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Good news for Spa, its been given a place on the 2007 calendar. The races future was assured after Spa-Grand Prix (Promoters) signed a contract with Bernie Eclestone, they will spend around ?25M on the tracks facilities.

The future of the race past 2007 is still uncertain though.

kuttakumar

International Coach
Maxkarter said:
Not to pop your bubble or anything, but hasn't Rubens got one of the worst records of the successful drivers at their home race?

With his luck I honestly dont expect that too change much either.

Unfrotunately,he has:(.In the last thirteen Brazillian GP, Rubens has retired from the race 10 times.Out of the three finishes, he had got only one podium finish.I hope this will not turn out to be his 11th home grand prix retirement. :upray

Yup it will be a warm welcome to spa in 2007, but at the same time we will have to say good-bye to the Suzuka circuit.It will be a circuit that most people will surely miss from next season.

Users who are viewing this thread