Greatest Fast Bowler of All Time

Who is The Greatest Fast Bowler of all time?

• Total voters
B

BadWog

Personally I think it's Michael Holding...Akram a close second...incredible swing bowler i have so much respect :bow: for him as im a pace/swing bowler (not quite as good tho :rolleyes: )...but :bow: Michael Holding :bow: RULES!
What are you're thoughts?

Please post, don't just vote and not say anything.

It'll also be interesting to see what names people bring up as "Other" Great Fast bowlers, there are plenty other great fast bowlers that arent in that list of 9...one name I was close to putting in was Curtly Ambrose

Anyway cant wait to hear what u guys have to say :thumbs:

R

ricky123

B) kapil dev was the best .

but i wont compare all these players cuz they all have different style and strenght.

it is not fair

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mervyn Dillion? Are you being serious? How could you put him in and not Coutney Walsh or Curtly Ambrose..... my only assumption must be that you are crazy!

S

squiz

I dunno if this guy made the other topic as well, but he said Mervyn Dillon was the first to reach 500 Test Wickets. :lol:

B

BadWog

squiz Posted on Jan 24 2004, 03:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dunno if this guy made the other topic as well, but he said Mervyn Dillon was the first to reach 500 Test Wickets.??
andrew_nixon79 Posted on Jan 24 2004, 03:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mervyn Dillion? Are you being serious? How could you put him in and not Coutney Walsh or Curtly Ambrose..... my only assumption must be that you are crazy!

lol yer my bad, i mixed up Mervyn Dillon with Courtney Walsh...hehehe i knew something looked funny when I finished couldnt quite work out what.

could u change Dillon with Walsh coz ur an admin???? if not then i can edit my first post and put in capitals that Dillon is supposed to be walsh.

yer squiz ur right it was me that did the other post that said walsh is the only guy to ever get 500 Test Wickets thats a big reason y i put him up there.

C

chiraz

Marshall...he had it all....and could bowl med fast swing if the conditions were right....but was a really good FAST bowler

(Kapil Dev was a med fast bowler in my opinion! he bowled at around 125-130 kph!!!)

Z

zaf1986

Imran Khan no doubt about it.

Inventor of reverse swing and a geniune fast bowler who could consistently bowl between 135 and 140 kph.

B

BadWog

chiraz Posted on Jan 24 2004, 05:09 PM
Marshall...he had it all....and could bowl med fast swing if the conditions were right....but was a really good FAST bowler

Yer, the West Indian Fast Bowlers of that time were Amazing. Marshall and Holding would just rip through batting lineups like they were playing a team of Local Club Cricketers...

S

samlarcombe

How can you go past Lillie, everyone that faced him near pooh em' self

N

Nirav85

Originally posted by samlarcombe@Jan 28 2004, 08:22 AM
keyword near while everybody that faces wasim does poop themselves :lol:

more over that was back then when they thought kapil dev was a fast bowler...like times have changed and i am pretty sure if they faced wasim then they would have been more scared...

plus they didnt wear helmets back then so there was more a fear of the ball hitting your face

B

BadWog

Originally posted by amir51+Jan 28 2004, 08:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(amir51 @ Jan 28 2004, 08:36 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-samlarcombe
@Jan 28 2004, 08:22 AM

more over that was back then when they thought kapil dev was a fast bowler...like times have changed and i am pretty sure if they faced wasim then they would have been more scared...

plus they didnt wear helmets back then so there was more a fear of the ball hitting your face [/b]
Wasim is a great bowler no doubt, but I'm pretty sure Lillie was quicker

Technicaly I'd be more afraid of Wasim (all those reverse swinging yorkers), but sheer pace wise I'd crap myself facing Lillie.

Z

zaf1986

Originally posted by BadWog+Jan 28 2004, 12:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BadWog @ Jan 28 2004, 12:13 PM)</div>
Originally posted by amir51@Jan 28 2004, 08:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-samlarcombe
@Jan 28 2004, 08:22 AM

plus they didnt wear helmets back then so there was more a fear of the ball hitting your face
Wasim is a great bowler no doubt, but I'm pretty sure Lillie was quicker

Technicaly I'd be more afraid of Wasim (all those reverse swinging yorkers), but sheer pace wise I'd crap myself facing Lillie. [/b]
yeah, no doubt that Lillee was much, much faster than Akram. (After all he did have the record of the fastest ball of all time (99.1mph) before Akhtar passed the 160kph (100mph) mark TWICE).

Akram would usually bowl between 135 and 145 kph.

Users who are viewing this thread