Greatest Fast Bowler of All Time

Who is The Greatest Fast Bowler of all time?

• Total voters

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Wasim Akram-the best
......but.....
One day it's going to be Irfan Pathan.

U

umermalik

Originally posted by bharat_88@Apr 12 2004, 02:10 PM
Wasim Akram-the best
......but.....
One day it's going to be Irfan Pathan.
HEHEHEHE.

IRFAN PATHAN IS NOT A "FAST BOWLER", HE IS MERE "MEDIUM PACE"

Irfan pathan will be all over in 4-5 years. You cant compare him to the greatest ever left arm fast bowler to have taken the cricket field. I am a great fan of Irfan tho. He has the talent. But only problem is that he does not have the sam pace as Wasim did in his early days, and it will only go down with injuries as years progress and he will become less effective. However if he can become a little more nippy then I agree he can be one of the more (not MOST) successful bowlers (NOT A FAST BOWLER, HE IS A MEDIUM PACER) from sub continent.

M

masterofthegame

some day it might be shane bond, shoaib akhtar, mohammad sami, zaheer khan, bret lee or irfan pathan as well...who knows what the future has for them...

R

ralta

All I can say is, for a man of his height, he's an incredible fast bowler.

H

hassan1823

Of course the great Wasim Akram having more than 400 wickets in test and ODI's and he is the master of reverse swing :bow:

R

ricky123

B) i dont think wasim was near to many fast bowlers of the past ,
he got more wickets ,cuz he played more ,now cricket is played more often then before

H

hassan1823

Originally posted by ricky123@Apr 18 2004, 06:20 PM
B)? i dont think wasim was near to many fast bowlers of the past ,
he got more wickets ,cuz he played more ,now cricket is played more often then before
what do u think taht wasim akram isnt the best. Man did u see him in the 92 world cup final against england and the wicket of Chris luis and Lamb. I think that was the best bowl i have seen and he is the most succesful left arm fast bowler

R

ricky123

Originally posted by hassan1823@Apr 18 2004, 09:47 PM
[ he is the most succesful left arm fast bowler}
u can say that ... but he is not the all time great ...

J

j+m

hadlee had the control, intelligence, variation and ability to be no.1.
while all other fast bowlers of the time were bowling 3 or 4 bouncers an over, hadlee bowled with intelligence, not aggresion.
he was the first ever player to reach 400 test wickets.
the only reason others have taken more wickets than him is they played more.

Wasim Akram?
Glen Mcgraph?

You've GOT to be joking.

Z

zaf1986

hadlee had the control, intelligence, variation and ability to be no.1.
while all other fast bowlers of the time were bowling 3 or 4 bouncers an over, hadlee bowled with intelligence, not aggresion.
he was the first ever player to reach 400 test wickets.
the only reason others have taken more wickets than him is they played more.

Hadlee was a great bowler in his time no doubt about it. He will always be remembered as part of the great 6 (Sobers, Imran, Kapil, Hadlee, Botham and Cairns).

Wasim Akram?

He is a different class. He had pace, swing, and they say he could swing the ball both ways in one delivery. He was also unlucky to be two runs short of being a member of the great 6. Here's an interesting stat: The most popular dismissial in test cricket is lbw b Wasim Akram. 500 ODI wickets, no one even got close.

Glen Mcgraph?
There's no such bowler :P

You've GOT to be joking.

Each to his own.

J

jeromedascorp

Totally agree. I will say that Wasim Akram is one of the best. top 3 at least in history for me.

D

Dimuthu

Hey!

I voted Akram, for he's the best fast bowler I have ever seen. I haven't seen enough of others to comment. Stats r not sufficient to judge someone. But Richard Hadlee's DO look incredible. 431 test wickets in 88 matches right? Just off the top of my head.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is this Great 6 ? And is Cairnes, Chris or Lance?

Thanks!
Peace
DT

Z

zaf1986

Originally posted by Dimuthu@Jun 2 2004, 11:40 PM
Hey!

I voted Akram, for he's the best fast bowler I have ever seen. I haven't seen enough of others to comment. Stats r not sufficient to judge someone. But Richard Hadlee's DO look incredible. 431 test wickets in 88 matches right? Just off the top of my head.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is this Great 6 ? And is Cairnes, Chris or Lance?

Thanks!
Peace
DT
Top 6 are those players who scored 3,000 runs and took 200 wickets.

Sir Gary Sobers, Sir Richard Hadlee, Imran Khan, Kapil Dev, Ian Botham and Chris Cairns.

Shaun Pollock is about 90 runs short of the landmark.

Users who are viewing this thread