Greatest Fast Bowler of All Time

Who is The Greatest Fast Bowler of all time?

• Total voters
C

chiraz

in a club cricket match once i faced marlon black ( who took 4 for 80 odd against australia in a test match)

he was feckkin quick and he was a failure at international level ( you know he was quick when i edged him for 6!!!) ;D:

J

jeromedascorp

Although im indian, i gotta say Wasim Akram. Kapil was great, but Wasim has been through 2 different Eras of world cricket.

the name of allan donald should be on the list.he was a superb performer.

B

BadWog

Originally posted by 0601731@Feb 1 2004, 01:33 PM
the name of allan donald should be on the list.he was a superb performer.
no doubt Allan Donald was a great Fast Bowler, but as I can only place 10 names in the list I think leaving his name out is justifiable when you compare him to those names.

D

drops

allan donald deserves his spot on that list, just rememeber his early years were taken from him due to isolation and he did so much in such little time

S

Sutts375

MY FIRST POST! I'd have to say Malcolm Marshall, as he combined all the great elements of the Windies fast bowlers of the past, apart from Garner's height. Does anyone else think that Corey Collymores action is similar to Marshalls, or is it just me? :huh:

J

jak_da_rippa

where's Thommo? He was quick and accurate. All the qualities a fast bowler needs. I'd say Lillee 1st Holding 2nd Thommo 3rd and Andy Roberts 4th

M

Markyb

Mike Procter if you guys don't know who he is have a look at his record at cricinfo SA all time career bowling averages and click on it and get his first class and list a averages and then compare it to all these bowlers you've mentioned better than most if not all of them but his international career was cut short due to the isolation thing but he averaged 15 in 7 tests with 41 wickets. Ian Botham faced all these bowlers you're talking about and he said the only bowler he was scared of was Procter because of his pure raw pace and Procter wasn't a shabby batsman either ?

U

umermalik

Wasim Akram - the king of reverse swing!

Was a match winner for Pakistan for almost two decades!

Had lots of variety.

M

masterofthegame

It must be Wasim Akram as he had taken many wickets in adverse conditions as well.

Users who are viewing this thread