Greatest Football XI of All-Time

With the World Cup going on. Just thought we could possibly share what we individually think is the greatest football XI of all time.

---------------------------------YASHIN----------------------------------

CARLOS ALBERTO-------MOORE--------BECKENBAUER---------------MALDINI

------------------------------MATTHAUS----------------------------------

------------CRUIJFF-----------MARADONA ---------PLATINI----------------

-----------------------PELE---------------EUSEBIO------------------------

Legendary subs:

- Gordon Banks
- Franco Baresi
- Nilton Santos
- Claudio Gentile
- George Best
- Garrincha
- Zinedine Zidane
- Ferenc Puskas
- Alfred Di Stefano

Zidane > Zico or Socrates on the bench? Even though Zidane is my favourite player of all time.

Facchetti > Santos for the full back spot on the bench.

Can't really disagree with much else. What would your XI be based on players you saw live during your lifetime, whether in person or on TV?

Hmm that's an interesting idea. Mine would be something like this:

Peter Schmeichel
Cafu-----Fabio Cannavaro-----Alessandro Nesta-----Paolo Maldini
-----Claude Makelele-----
-----Xavi-----
-----Zinedine Zidane-----
Cristiano Ronaldo-----Dennis Bergkamp-----Thierry Henry​

That's just off the top of my head though.

Xavi Hernandez, Cristiano Ronaldo And Thierry Henry Have Made It?
Miroslav Klose, Ronaldo, Maradona, Pele Where Are They?:eek:
A Shocking Selection!:doh

Xavi Hernandez, Cristiano Ronaldo And Thierry Henry Have Made It?
Miroslav Klose, Ronaldo, Maradona, Pele Where Are They?:eek:
A Shocking Selection!:doh
Pele? How old do you think I am?! The question was, best XI from players you've seen live (on TV or genuinely live). Therefore Maradona and Pele can't be there. There's plenty of strikers I could've chosen but I went with Bergkamp for his amazing class and elegance. He was technically gifted and one of the most intelligent foootballers I've seen. When you have Bergkamp dropping deep and taking defenders out with him, Henry and Ronaldo will thrive on that and attack the gaps left.

Pele? How old do you think I am?! The question was, best XI from players you've seen live (on TV or genuinely live). Therefore Maradona and Pele can't be there. There's plenty of strikers I could've chosen but I went with Bergkamp for his amazing class and elegance. He was technically gifted and one of the most intelligent foootballers I've seen. When you have Bergkamp dropping deep and taking defenders out with him, Henry and Ronaldo will thrive on that and attack the gaps left.

Didn't Know That It Was Current. Anyway, Miroslav Klose Is Also A Great Player And So Is Lionel Messi. Its Really Hard To Choose.:sarcasm

What is this though? International-Club, Club only or International only? If it's International-Club, what is more heavily weighted?

Zidane > Zico or Socrates on the bench? Even though Zidane is my favourite player of all time.

Facchetti > Santos for the full back spot on the bench.

Can't really disagree with much else. What would your XI be based on players you saw live during your lifetime, whether in person or on TV?

Using the Spanish world-cup winning formation:

----------------------------Schmeichel------------------------------------

Cafu--------------------Desailly----------Maldini-----------------Zambrotta

-----------------------Vieira-------------Pirlo-----------------------------

-------------------------------Xavi---------------------------------------

------------------Zidane-------------------Henry--------------------------

-----------------------------Ronaldo--------------------------------------

What is this though? International-Club, Club only or International only? If it's International-Club, what is more heavily weighted?

I think you need to strike a balance based on the individual player.

Someone like a Frank Lampard & Gerrard who will go down as Chelsea & Liverpool legend based on club performances, but their internatioanl record is fairly average. When picking an All-time England XI, due to their international failures, some would be tempted to leave them out.

Then you have someone like Klose, who has a tremendous world-cup record, but very average club record. Overall though when picking a German All-time XI, Germany has produced better striker in their history than Klose -who didn't have such tremendous world-cup records.

So you basically for me, just have the judge the situation & ability of the player individually. Instead of placing too much emphasis on performances in International vs Club.

Best I have seen XI

---------------------------------CHILAVERT-------------------------------

CAFU-----------------STAM-----------NESTA------------ROBERTO CARLOS

------------------------------MAKELELE---------------------------------

ZIDANE------------RIVALDO-------------------HAGI-----------------GIGGS

-------------------------------RONALDO----------------------------------

Yashin, Maradona, Platini, Where Are They?:doh

Yashin, Maradona, Platini, Where Are They?:doh

I didn't see any of them play. Read what the fling it says. I might have seen a bit of Maradona when I was really young but I don't remember anything.

My Second Error!:doh
How About 2010 FIFA WC Best Players?

Green, Torres and Ronaldo for me.

Easily the best at the world cup.

------------------------------------Casillas--------------------------------------------------
----------Ramos-------------Puyol----------------------Lahm----------------------Heinze----

---------Xabi--------------------------------Snejder------------------------------Muller------

--------------------Villa----------------------Forlan----------------------Klose---------------

Bench:
Snejder
Robben
Ozil
Xavi
Iniesta
Cesar
Podolski
Messi
Higuain
Romero
Pique
Robinho
Suarez.

Its Really Tough To Select, So People Please Give Me Suggestions About The Best In Buisness.

Last edited:
1. That team is ridiculously unbalanced. Whose the holding midfielder? Muller in a 3 man central midfield? He's a wide player. Forlan should probably swap with Klose because Klose was the focal point whereas Forlan played much deeper and creatively for Uruguay.

Lahm isn't a central defender either lol. He played at right back at the World Cup but he's a left back as well. Heinze wasn't great tbh, in fact Argentina were awful defensively.

Here's my opinion:

-----------------------------Casillas/Eduardo-----------------------
--Ramos-------------Puyol-----------Friedrich-----------Coentrao---
--------------------Schweinsteiger-------Xavi---------------------
--Muller-------------------------Ozil--------------------------Villa
-------------------------------Klose--------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread