World Cup Group A - Pool Matches Discussion Thread

Poor ol' Misbah is on a hiding to nothing playing for Pakistan at the moment. He needs to go ply his trade on the T20 circuit and become a sort-of Kane Williamson style player for IPL teams. He deserves way better than the rest of the team is giving him that's for sure.

Were you there yesterday Chewie? Can't say I heard it through the TV

That's because they only thing you could hear was the babbling of Shane Warne and the tears of Brett Lee when the 6 cleared the boundary line. Ian Smith's dulcet baritone cheering the victory drowned out any quality crowd banter.

Were you there yesterday Chewie? Can't say I heard it through the TV

Yea it was a pretty loud chant too[DOUBLEPOST=1425199114][/DOUBLEPOST]
Poor ol' Misbah is on a hiding to nothing playing for Pakistan at the moment. He needs to go ply his trade on the T20 circuit and become a sort-of Kane Williamson style player for IPL teams. He deserves way better than the rest of the team is giving him that's for sure.

I was going to say Misbah's strike rate would be too low to be of much use in T20s but he actually has a pretty decent record. I'm rather surprised

Same thing with Williamson, man. Dude goes at a fair clip in all formats. They're cut from similar batting molds. They're just not showy with boundaries but turn the strike over and score quickly in the gaps. He'd run a good trade on the T20 circuits around the world.

Misbah is a fabulous stroke player being pulled down by the batsmen on either side of him. When as a no.4 you are repeatedly walking in within the first 5-10 overs, with an even more flaky batting lineup to follow, there is not much the dude can do

Same thing with Williamson, man. Dude goes at a fair clip in all formats. They're cut from similar batting molds. They're just not showy with boundaries but turn the strike over and score quickly in the gaps. He'd run a good trade on the T20 circuits around the world.

Nah Williamson bats at a much faster rate than Misbah and can actually score centuries...

What a chase that was by the Bnagladeshis. Excellent stuff. Really want them to make it to the QFs

Good chase from Bangladesh. This win means Bangladesh's game vs England is now a virtual playoff for the quarterfinals. Bangladesh have two of their most toughest games coming up - vs England and New Zealand. If they beat England, they are assured of a QF spot because they will increase their lead over England by 5 pts with only one game remaining for both the teams. If Bangladesh lose, they still have a chance of making the QF but they have to beat NZ for that.

The other very interesting game here is the Sri Lanka vs Australia one. If Sri Lanka can get past Australia, they will take the 2nd spot in the Group. That could potentially mean a death knell for team B2 from Group B because B2 will then face Australia in the quarterfinals. From a selfish perspective, hope it's not India.:p

I think we shouldn't worry about Aussies after reaching QFs and should be ready to face them anytime.

If Sri Lanka can get past Australia, they will take the 2nd spot in the Group. That could potentially mean a death knell for team B2 from Group B because B2 will then face Australia in the quarterfinals

I think its improper to hype up Australia to this extent. In all probability the Aussies will face the Windies in the quarters and if it's Gayle's day, anything can happen. Even in the scenario that India is to face Australia, I wouldn't bother much as we have been playing good cricket of late.

Still a little worried about this match. Sri Lanka in 2 matches in a row scored over 300 and lost only 1 wicket in the process. Then again against Australia they're facing a much better bowling attack. Sydney is also the most spin friendly wicket in the country.

Very weird to hear a captain say "you have to ask that to the selectors" when he is asked about the reason why the XI has been selected (at the toss). Seems like Clarke is not happy with Watson's selection and the selectors have forced his hand. I am sure if it was Dhoni, he would be forced to not talk like that in public.

Users who are viewing this thread