World Cup Group A - Pool Matches Discussion Thread

And That's The Hattrick Ball !! But Corey Anderson defensed it well. One More Wicket Gone. What Elliott Did !! Now The Match Is In the favour of both the teams

What happened to the match :( Why it is stopped?? For What The Break is taken ??
It was Dinner break

What a match in the end, awesome.

STARC! What the hell were those balls to Boult? But seriously, we should seriously just literally just train Starc to bowl yorkers and nothing else. Get it into his muscle memory.

Good to see the bowlers dominate a match after a long while. Those Starc yorkers were nothing short of tracer bullets and what to say about Kane ; what a calm head he has got!

Had confidence when Starc was bowling, even the belief we could pull it off in his last over but knew when he didn't get Boult that the comeback was over. Just no support from the other end, Cummins just doesn't look penetrating and Johnson really has been hit and miss lately. But can't blame the bowlers too much, batting was the issue and really isn't much more we can do apart from replacing Watson. Lots of hoping that our guys come right.

Rn out of superlatives to describe how excellent NZs rise has been since 2012 when they lost a series in Windies and were bowled out for 40 odd in a test vs SA. Would be real shock if they not in W-Cup final at least after performances vs ENG & AUS.

what a game of cricket!!!
these two teams are so close in almost every department
i still maintain that its gonna be a aus v nz final

I genuinely it is a NZ v AUS final, clearly the best two teams in the tournament. Wouldn't worry about the batting too much because you just watched 3 maybe 4 of the best bowlers in the world do their best to win games on a reasonably flat track. Two closely matched teams with incredible tenacity.

The crowd were chanting "You're worse than England" but that stopped after dinner...

Fantastic knock by Root .. very well played. Could be a fun chase, this. Hope SL are up for it

England thrashed there by Sri Lanka, 16 balls remaining. SL slowly getting into their own ICC tournament form. They have reached the finals of the last two World Cups, and won the last T20 WC. I dont think they will be pushovers.

SANGA!

Great knock by Sanga, fastest WC hundred by a Sri Lankan there with an awesome partnership of 212* with the contribution of Thiramanne (139*).

Pakistan 5/127 against Zimbabwe, seriously? And then there are hordes of people ridiculing Misbah for his slow batting. What else can the poor man do if no one is ready to stick at the other end?

I wish we had someone like Misbah in our team. He and Darren Bravo could solidify the innings while we have a never ending list of hitters to keep up the runrate.

Users who are viewing this thread