World Cup Group A - Pool Matches Discussion Thread

Sanga becomes the first batsman to score three consecutive hundreds in a World Cup, becomes the second highest ODI run scorer of all time, and has the third highest number of centuries in World Cups. Yet he is never mentioned in the best batsmen conversations.

Sanga becomes the first batsman to score three consecutive hundreds in a World Cup, becomes the second highest ODI run scorer of all time, and has the third highest number of centuries in World Cups. Yet he is never mentioned in the best batsmen conversations.

He'd be my number three in any world eleven I pick. He's incredible. Up there with Kallis, Lara, de Villiers, Tendulkar and Ponting as a modern great. For me though, Kallis and Sanga are the best, given that they either bowled or kept wicket to a very good standard also.

Yet he is never mentioned in the best batsmen conversations.

Well, whether mentioned or not, he is one of the best batsman for sure. And arguably the best wicketkeeper batsman across all formats.

Very weird to hear a captain say "you have to ask that to the selectors" when he is asked about the reason why the XI has been selected (at the toss). Seems like Clarke is not happy with Watson's selection and the selectors have forced his hand. I am sure if it was Dhoni, he would be forced to not talk like that in public.

Well since that horror tour to India in 2013, Clarke no longer has a major input in team selections, since he relinquished that role that was suggested/created by the Argus Review. Its back to the traditional AUS way of under Ponting, Waugh, Taylor when the captain would simply give his input.

Well since that horror tour to India in 2013, Clarke no longer has a major input in team selections, since he relinquished that role that was suggested/created by the Argus Review. Its back to the traditional AUS way of under Ponting, Waugh, Taylor when the captain would simply give his input.

I can understand squad selections happening that way, but does this happen even for playing XI selection? By the way. not averse to the idea. I actually find this idea interesting.

Bangladesh need to somehow get another couple of wickets before England get to 150. 150/5 would make things really interesting.

All is not lost, just need Root and Taylor to bat for next 15 overs and then unleash the beast (Buttler)

I love Sang. When Sri Lanka were here last, I loved watching him. Such a great player.

England have a lot of batting left. Bangladesh have to keep eating into the wickets if they have to stay in the match.

What a poor shot from Taylor but lets not take anything away from the Bangladeshi's, they've bowled/fielded exceptionally well.

Oh my.......this will be the deepest point ever.......

Calm down Dutch. You still have it safely in the bag. Butler, Woakes, Jordan and Broad can all handle themselves. With Root in there, England are clear favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread