GTA V

you haven't played the demo?

05d.jpg

After getting back into GTA IV, GTA V is back on my radar. Still pissed it's being set in the States again though.

A couple of things I really want:

An option to drive the car in first person - I mean behind the wheel, not sitting on the bonnet of the car the way it is now - unless you use the PC mod of course.

To follow on from that, make the cars less bouncy! First person view can shake about all over the place sometimes.

One other thing: I'd love a mode where realistic laws apply - so you have to stop at red lights, the cops actually do something if you collide with other cars, whether you drive badly and so on.

One other thing: I'd love a mode where realistic laws apply - so you have to stop at red lights, the cops actually do something if you collide with other cars, whether you drive badly and so on.

Yeah, I couldn't believe how ridiculously easy it is to avoid any police attention when committing multiple traffic felonies right in front of them. Even San Andreas' system was far more strict.

Overall IV was pretty disappointing to me, so hopefully V goes in a different direction.

Well if you abide by the road laws, then yeah it would be boring. The point is that the police would actually do something when you break the law right in front of them. I can barely remember a decent chase in IV, they rarely came after me and were way too easy to outrun when they did.

I won't prefer realism on the cost of fun and entertainment. Yes, there should realistic laws like you can't actually walk with RPG in hand in front of police (but since it's setup in America so who knows?) and there should be more natural accidents where Police comes up for investigation but definitely not for traffic laws. I don't want to sit idle for damn 15 minutes in a traffic.

Yeah that's why you just play as you normally do, but it attracts more attention from the police. I just found it ridiculous when I'd speed up the outside of a cop, straight through a redlight, t-bone some idiot that didn't look both ways and the cops just sit there doing nothing. Even in San Andreas they'd come after you for that.

And that stupid radar type system they use to track you.. ripped straight out of Scarface and way too easy to outrun. The more I think about it, the more the game pisses me off lol. Maybe they should have it as an option.. road rules on, road rules off.. should be simple.

^If you really want some badass cops, play Mafia one on PC. The police there tolerate no offence including traffic signal violation. It is also a highly underrated game that rivals GTA in my opinion.

Yeah, Mafia's an old favourite of mine, but those old 30's cars don't really have the acceleration, or any kind of handling for a decent police chase :p

I just expected GTA IV to improve on San Andreas, but it fell quite a bit short. At least it didn't set the bar very high for V.

I actually quite like the chases in mafia, you have to make sure you take routes downhill because you get stuff trying to crawl up hill and there's something charming about the cars almost toppling over as they go round corners. weirdly in the later stages of the game when it's the more modern style sports cars it's not as fun.

regarding the tolerance though it seems something though that could be easily turned up and down with a slider dictating police strictness.

Yeah, Mafia's an old favourite of mine, but those old 30's cars don't really have the acceleration, or any kind of handling for a decent police chase :p

I just expected GTA IV to improve on San Andreas, but it fell quite a bit short. At least it didn't set the bar very high for V.

I think they rushed it tbh. They have spent longer on this game than GTA 4

^If you really want some badass cops, play Mafia one on PC. The police there tolerate no offence including traffic signal violation. It is also a highly underrated game that rivals GTA in my opinion.

I know - I've played and finished it two or three times. ;)

Edit: I didn't mean we should have to sit in traffic for twenty minutes :rolleyes, but at the moment the cops do nothing, even if you're driving like a maniac ramming cars left, right and centre! Of course, when you ram the police...

Last edited:
had this game lying around but never played it so I thought I'd give it a go. Never been a big GTA fan and this hasn't really changed my mind. It just seems like one repetitive mission after another and not much to the storyline. Only about a third of the way through though so hopefully It'll improve.

Edit: I had GTA IV not V, got confused :P

Users who are viewing this thread